The Midnight Meeting

Time lapse: Bea's aptitude test

Two years have passed since the man I love transfered to the Dauntless. 

He messaged me telling me to meet him at our meeting spot at midnight. I can't wait.

But now I have to go to school. Blech. 

Today is aptitude testing. This test is going to help me decide the rest of my life. Or that's what everyone else thinks; I already know what I'm going to do.

time lapse: After tests-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S***! S***! S***! S***!

I tested Divergent. Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless.

At least I know that I somewhat have an aptitude for Dauntless...

I wish I could see Toby now. I just want to see him, talk to him, have him hold me.

I miss his smell: fresh air, soap, and apples.

I wonder how much he's changed...

He's probably stronger, and more courageous. Maybe he grew his hair out, so it is Dauntless but still Abnegation. 

Time lapse: Meeting with Toby (Sorry for all the time lapses) ----------------------------------------

It's time, it's time, it's time! I can finally see the man I love after two years!

I grab my thin jacket and throw it over my grey shirt. Making sure everybody is asleep, I slip out the door, as quiet as a mouse.

Once I clear the driveway, I break into a sprint. 

Toby said that he would be hiding, and for him to know it's me, I have to sing part of our song. My favorite part, and he will sing the rest of that verse.

With the sound of trickling water within earshot, I know I'm close.

I reach the water's edge and sit down on our rock. With a deep breath, I began to sing...

...Young mom on her own. She needs a little help got nowhere to go. She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out. 'Cause a half-way house will never be a home. At night she whispers to her baby girl. Someday we'll find a place here in this world...  

I'm nearly crying by the end of my part. I hear leaves rustle and footsteps approaching quietly. Then a deep voice begins to sing...

...This is our temporary home. It's not where we belong. Windows in rooms that we're passin' through. This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going. I'm not afraid because I know this is our Temporary Home...

I jump upright and look back at the figure standing behind me.

He is tall, nearly six foot, with short brown hair, but not Abnegation short. He stands with his weight shifted on his left foot and his hands in his pockets.

"Toby!" I scream and jump into his arms.

"Hey, Bea," He mutters softly and stroaks my hair gently.

"You remembered," I mutter, holding him tighter, "Our song, I mean," 

"Of course I remember our song. I hum it whenever I miss you," He whispers against my ear, making me shiver.

I pull back and cup his face gently with my hands, and kiss him. Hard. He kisses back with the same amount of force.

"I love you," I say

"I love you, too" he replies. "I know this is a bad time, but what was your result?" 

"Divergent: Abnegation, Dauntless, and Erudite."

He wipes away the tears that fall onto my face. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Don't cry, it will be alright," He coos.

He holds out his hand, pinkie outstretched, and I lace my pinkie with his.

"All or nothing," I croak through tears. Mostly tears of joy, though. (A/N Cold Fury anybody?)

"All or nothing," He replies. "I have to go. Oh! By the way, I changed my name to Four, don't ask why. I will be your instructor. I have to act cold and heartless. Worst of all, I have to act like I don't know you. But every night, meet me at my apartment, number 46, and sing that verse, so I know it's you," 

"Okay, I love you," I say kissing him again, and he kisses back.

"I love you, too, see you tomorrow."

With that, he walks off, his figure disappearing into the dark of night.

Okay, I am seriously on a roll! Three updates in one day?! (I think it was three...) Also, S/O to anybody who is reading, commenting, or voting for this story!Well, I hope you like this story! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                              Be brave