Unknown Illness

Bea's POV

"Toby!" A blood curdling wail rings through the small house. "Bea, please... Please... Please come here! Toby!"

I leap out of bed and follow Tobias, who is only in a pair of grey sweatpants that say Gryffindor on the side in scarlet and gold letters. My eyes fall on the bedside table. The clock reads 3:23 a.m. My mind is trying to comprehend what's going on. Middle of the night. Scream. Cas.

"Cas? Cas, what's wrong?" Tobias asks in the tone of a worried father. I kneel beside Tobias, who is crouched next to Cas' bedside. Cas rolls around, her hands clutched on her belly. She screams another blood curdling scream, the kind that comes from deep inside a person, a scream that can only mean utter agony, a scream that doesn't sound human, a scream that should never have escaped Cas' lips.

"It--" She gasps, her chest heaving as if air refuses to make it's way into her lungs "--It hurts, Toby. It huts!" She wails. Tobias has utter fear covering his face.

"We need to get her to the infirmary." I whisper to Tobias, who looks at a loss of what to do. His baby sister is laying in bed, writing in pain and he can't help her. He nods and slowly pulls her into his arms. She wails again and clutches her belly. Without haste, Tobias bolts out of the apartment, me on his heels.

* * * *

"Help!" Tobias screams, his face flushed with exertion. Cas wails again. A young doctor rushes our way.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" The doctor with curly brown hair asks, barely giving us time to answer.

"She woke up screaming and clutching her belly. We brought her straight here." I say, my words think with emotion. Tobias is so panicked he cannot speak.

"Oh, uh, get a gurney!" The young nurse bellows and I catch a glimpse of her name badge. O. Rodgers.

Two more doctors rush forward, a young man with ginger hair and a hooked nose and a young woman with blonde hair and a face splattered with freckles. They both push one side of a long gurney, and before I realize what's going on, they have Cas laying on the white sheets.

"I'm coming with you! That is my sister!" Tobias cries as they wheel Cas away. A security guard comes up and tries to restrain him, him crying out for Cas, for them not to take his sister.

"Tobias," I whisper. He stops shouting and his breathing is labored. He turns and wraps his around around me, burying his face in my hair.

"She hasn't cried like that since she was little, after..." He trails off, his voice becoming softer with every passing word.

"I know, she'll be alright, Tobias. She'll be alright." I mumble and lead him over to a row of plastic chairs and we both sit down. I can feel my heart hammering in my chest with worry. I place my hand on the side of Tobias' head and slowly rest it on my shoulder, a simple attempt at comfort.

* * * *

"Cassandra Eaton?" The nurse with pretty brown hair says and Tobias and I stand up. We've been sitting in this stupid waiting room for five hours and nobody will tell us what happened to Cas. Tobias eventually got so frustrated he punched a wall, splitting his knuckles but he wouldn't let me get a doctor to help him wrap them.

The doctor, whom we learned her name is Olyvia, leads us to Cas' room. The whole way there Tobias is asking question after question, never giving the poor doctor a chance to answer. That also may be because she seems scared of him.

Ms. Olyvia stops in front a large wooden door and opens it slowly. Cas lies on the hospital bed, her forehead dripped with beads of sweat, yet her eyes are closed peacefully.

"She is sleeping now, but you can stay here as long as you like." Ms. Olyvia says softly, nods her head, and exits the room swiftly.

Tobias and I each pull up a chair and sit beside Cas' bedside. She looks so peaceful, so content. Tobias grasps my hand tightly and places his lips to my knuckles. His knee bounces vigorously.

"She'll be alright." I whisper, Tobias only nods. Not minutes later, the door opens and Max walks in.

"Hey, Tris, we need you down at the office, now." Max says, his eyes filled with worry.

"Can't it wait, Max? I have to stay here with Cas and Four, I can't leave right now." I snap, my gaze falling back to Cas, her form still so peaceful.

"No, it can't. We need you in the office now." Max says in a sharp but worried tone. I glance up at Tobias, but his eyes are fixed on the tiled floor.

"Wait outside," I whisper and Max nods and exits the room. I turn and face Tobias.

"They need you down in the office..." He mumbles and his eyes flick up to mine. "You should go."

"I don't care if they need me, you and Cas need me more. I'm staying here." I say sternly. He smiles weakly and pulls me into a warm embrace. I tuck my face into his neck and take deep breaths of his scent, soap, metal, and something like peppermint. It smalls safe, smells like home.

"Tris, are you-- you know what, I give up. Come in later." Max says in defeat and I grin to myself.

* * * *

"Toby? Bea?" Cas croaks, her eyes squinted against the blinding lights of light hospital room.

"Cas, you're finally awake!" Tobias cheers softly, and reaches over the railing to devour her in an embrace. Cas coughs and wraps her arms around her big brother's shoulders. I smile to myself, seeing she seems to no longer be in pain.

That is, until she begins to scream and writhe in pain. She clutches her belly and wiggles around, trying to find some sort of relief to the agonizing pain. Tobias stands in shock, not knowing how to help her. For the second time today, Cas is screaming in pain and he cannot help her.

"Bea, go get that doctor. Please," Tobias begs and I nod my head vigorously, setting out in search of Ms. Olyvia.

Okay, first off: sorry I haven't updated in forever. I got an idea for this story and I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in the story. Also, the character "Ms. Olyvia" is dedicated to OlyviaEaton. She had asked to be in another one of my stories and I decided to put her in this one as well. Hope you do not mind. Hope y'all liked it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave