Chapter 6

Zachariah

"Are you crazy!!?"She exploded the second we got to our room. I nestle myself onto the bed and close my eyes.

"Mmm...crazy about you." I joked continuing our fake charade. I can literally hear Sara fuming from across the room and when I open my eyes I find her taking her heels off.

"Did you not hear me when I put up my rules?" She shouts.

She took some giant steps away from me to keep a safe distance I guess.

"I did." I nod.

"So?" She prods for an answer.

"Didn't feel like following any rules." I shrug pulling my shoe off and throwing my socks to the floor.

I looked to her and one look said she was angry...no she was furious.

"Calm down Sara. It's not like I did anything haram." I said getting up.

"Stay away from me." She ordered holding a hand up.

"Oh come on. Not again."

"I mean it. I don't like touching so stay away." her voice broke slightly and for the first time there were traces of actual tears in her eyes. My face fell. I hadn't expected to get this reaction out of her. Oh man, what had I done?

What was I meant to do with a crying lady? I've never been trained for this.

"I'm sorry. Just...just stop crying." I reached out a hand without knowing it and she stepped away even further.

"Don't come any closer." She ordered with her tears starting to spill out.

"I'm sorry Sara. Please stop crying." I begged feeling slightly scared at the situation. I was meant to be protecting her and here I was the one who had made her cry. She started to sob and I started to panic. "Okay okay. I'm sorry for breaking your rules and I promise I won't ever touch you again or hug or kiss you." I looked up to her face. "Unless its absolutely necessary or...you know. Whatever." I add and take in her reaction. She wipes her nose and tears suddenly coming back to herself.

"I have to go and pray." She says as she leaves for the bathroom to make wudhu.

I watch helplessly as she disappears and curse myself for being so stupid.

***

Sara

After taking an hour in the bathroom crying and another full hour changing and wiping off my makeup, I finally make Wudhu knowing I will miss the timing of Salah if I didn't hurry. With caution I stepped into my bedroom and was surprised to find Zachariah fast asleep on the couch. Feeling more confident that Zachariah was now sleeping I moved swiftly around without a care and found the prayer mat already placed on the ground.

Strange.

Had Zachariah prayed or did he just place it down for her after feeling guilty about his actions?

It was true that at a normal circumstance I would happily admit I had over reacted but my circumstances were not normal. I had fears locked up within myself and held scars deep within me that will weigh me down for the rest of my life. If only Zachariah could understand that I needed space.

I prayed Isha and made a long Dua for my health, my sanity, my family, my faith and my safety and right at the end I remembered to make Dua for Zachariah as his soft snores began to sound the room reminding me that he was still there.

A/N
AssalamuAlaykum. I hope that each and everyone of you is in the best of health In Shaa Allah and I hope you are enjoying reading 'Healing' just as much as I enjoyed writing it.

So do make sure to hit that vote button.

VOTE + COMMENT and SHARE!!

Peace x