Chapter 49

Sara

"Zach what are you doing?" The moment the bedroom door shuts, Zach sweeps me up and walks me over to the bed and places me on there so I am standing a little taller. "What's wrong with you?" I giggle as I lean in with both arms over his shoulder.

"Do you remember the first time we came in here?" Zach instead asks.

I smile glancing at the two ends of the room.

"How can I ever forget." I laugh with a roll of my eye.

We had come a long way away from that time. It seemed so silly how we both acted towards each other back then.

"I was standing there and you stood there." I point to both ends of the room.

I remember it very clearly. I had been glaring across the room and so had he when he saw just how difficult I was being. We ended up arguing right away and to think we are now here makes me think if I'm actually in one long dream.

"What were you and my dad talking about in there?" I ask because I was really curious. He just gives me a secretive smirk and doesn't say anything. "Zaaaach! Tell me." I moan hitting his shoulder and he sits down catching my hand in the process before pulling me down with him.

"Okay but don't get mad okay?"

"I won't." I promised as if getting ready to hear a good story.

"I wasn't planning on telling you since it's no big deal but I just want to start off by being honest because I think honesty is very important within a relationship."

"Okay. Tell me already." I say bouncing impatiently.

"Yesterday, your dad asked me if I wanted to go ahead with the divorce as planned after everything was over."

He paused, hesitated, and looked over to me. "..and I said yes." He reveals slowly.

"You did?" I frown. I was well positive he wouldn't leave me yesterday so I hadn't worried when he didn't come home last night. I had convinced myself he was taking care of something.

"Yeah. Not because I didn't want to be with you, because believe me, I do!...I just thought it was the best way of keeping you safe and away from more danger."

He watched me closely, almost afraid.

"Okay." I say I wasn't really upset because I understood where this was coming from, plus, I promised not to get angry.

"So today I woke up in the morning, all ready and up for signing the divorce papers."

"What changed?"

He looked to me and gave a sheepish grin. "I done Istikhara and asked for guidance in my decision and I got my answer."

"How?"

I watched him reach into his back pocket and pull out a paper. "I was stupidly waiting for a sign like a thunder clap or something but nothing like that happened and then just when I was about to leave this fell out."

I open the little piece of paper and smiled at the memory of it.

It was two hearts overlapping one another. One was mine and one was Zachs. We had a competition to see who could draw the best heart not too long ago, and of course I had won, but Zach just won't admit to it.

"So this helped make your descision?" I point at the giant squashed potato- that Zach calls a heart.

"No. This is when I realised that I was searching for a sign that I already had."  Zach held a palm to his heart with giant smile. "The thought of not being with you? My heart did not find peace. I was completely restless, from morning to evening. Every damn second! The sign was the restlessness of my own heart."

I smile knowing everything he just described, was exactly the way I felt. I could not imagine a life without Zach. He was my rock. I felt at ease whenever I was with him. There was no way I could be away from him.

"By the way..." I take another long look at the hearts. "I so won the heart drawing competition." I tell him with a cheeky grin.

He scoffs. "You wish."

"I'm actually being honest. My heart is way better than yours." And I, one hundred and one percent meant it. I wasn't intending to start a fight with him again, I was just pointing out the truth. "No offence but your heart is fat and ugly. It looks like a squashed potato." I reveal to him making him to take a second look at his drawing.

He doesn't laugh with me and looks at the paper, blinking. "Yeah you're right. You win." He shrugs and I stare at him in disbelief.

"Are you agreeing with me?" I lean back in surprise to take a good look at him and he shrugs.

"No I'm just agreeing to disagree." He says and I jump in victory.

"Ha! Because you know it's ugly." I laugh.

"Whatever. Don't forget who your messing with." He leans in puffing out his chest acting all menacing. At that I scoff.

"Do you think your the unbeatable that no one can take down? Don't you forget who your messing with." I push him back with with my hands, popping my imaginary collar.

"You think you can take me on?" Zach challenges me doubting my strength.

"Oh I don't think so. I know so." I raise my eye brow teasing him to a challenge.

"Fine." He stands up pulling me up with him. "Challenge accepted." He gestures for me to take my position and I hop off the bed unsure if we were really doing this. I tilt my head and frown and at my slight hesitation Zach flabs two arms to imitate a coward chicken.

"Fine!" I mirror his body stance. It was a long time since the last time we had a self-defence lesson. I think if I take him by surprise, I may have a chance.

My eyes narrow in on my opponent and I tease him with a raise of my brow. "Are you sure about this? There's still time to back out." I give him one final chance.

He simply smiles seeming the least bit bothered by my fake confidence. Who was I kidding, I was going to go down within a second flat.

I eye our distance like I had seen him do many a time and find he is not bothering to do any of that which he taught me. Did he think I was too easy? We'll see about that. I prepare myself as if I was fight a front line battle.

"Three. Two. One..." I make a countdown but before I could say go. I was tackled to the ground. My breath completely knocked out. And a laugh that jammed in my throat, no matter how hard I tried to fight back, Zach used his fingers to tickle me.

"Noo. Zach please...cheating..." I try to swat him away in my best effort.

"I warned you."

"Zaaachh. No! I can't.." I fought to breathe and he stops raising me a just a little. 

"Did you miss me?"

"I...Of course I did!" I panted sitting back up to meet Zachs gaze. There was something different in the way he looked at me. It caused a flutter in my stomach but I quickly ignored it before it could graduate into anything more. "Did you cry yourself to sleep?" I smile teasingly.

"Only when your not there." He shoots me a grin before helping me back up.

.............................

Don't forget to VOTE :)

Head over to my message board for the good news.

You're welcome 😉