Chapter 10

Sara

Every knock made my skin crawl and my heart beat was running frantic. My mind wasn't in any situation to think positively. I felt like this was it. The angel of death is knocking at the door right this very moment. At least that is what it felt like.

My time is up. They were going to kill Zach and then take me kicking and scream.

Zach reaches into his pocket and pulls out a gun.

The gun itself doesn't alarm me this very moment when my heartbeat was going 100mph with barely enough energy to think straight.

"Get up and stand behind me." Zach instructs. I do as he says almost immediately without a seconds thought and when I find myself facing his broad back its as if I felt myself being separated from the enemy by a big safety wall.

"Remember always stay behind me and don't let them see you." He reminds me with his gun poised at the door.

I didn't let my thoughts linger on whether Zach knew what he was doing, I just silently make a dua to my Lord wih my eyes shut and fear exploding my heart. I think a tear rolls out while I supplicate.

Please help us ya Rab (Lord) from the evil people that are trying to take me.

Zach moves forward and slowly he reaches for the lock and as the door unlocks he opens it slightly enough to get a glimpse and then doubles back into me shoving the gun back down his pocket.

His back knocks into me slightly and I hold my breath.

A large lady walks in wearing her baby pink nightgown. Her hair was in a mess as if she had just woken up but her eyes were larger than life.

"What the hell is going on in here!?" She demands with her hands sweeping the air as she hobbles to all the corners of our room as if searching for something.

"Hey lady? You can't just walk into our room!" Zach responds to the disrespectful uninvited lady that has just entered our room without permission.

I remain glued to my exact spot behind Zach which is where I feel the most safe. For all I know, this lady could be one of them.

The lady walks up to Zach with deep stern looking eyes and for a second I'm worried for him. The lady seems like she was going to slap him to the ground. She comes eye level to him and narrows down her eyes "What do you think I am? stupid? I heard it all. It sounded like someone was getting murdered in here. Where is she? I heard it. That girl, she was screaming." She throws her head left and right hobbling back to all corners of the room.

My eyes widen but not at the accusation being thrown at Zach, but at my realisation that...Did I really sound like a person being murdered while I was struggling in my dream? I pull at my clothes nervously finally being able to calm my heart down.

"I'm sorry." I step out from behind Zach. "I didn't mean to wake you up. I was just having a bad dream." I tell her honestly but not making any eye contact from feeling a little embarrassed.

The lady turns to face me, her large eyes a little scary as she approachs.

"A bad dream huh?" The lady scoffs as if she doesn't believe me. She takes a moment to digest my words and finally she lets it go giving me the once over. "Hmm...That probably explains why you look like crap." The lady spits with a jerk of her chin as she is forced to accept that nothing else was going on here except a bad dream. She leaves the room almost a little disappointed with a bang and everything falls back to silence again.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding and I thank Allah for helping us. The men hadn't come for me in the end after all. Alhamdulillah.