Chapter 15

Sara

We were finally back at home. The place I was most safe. Our house was fitted with security. Not just any type but the top stuff. Father had wasted no time as soon as I was discharged from the hospital when I had been rescued a little over 2 months now.

It had cost him quite a bit but Alhamdulillah we were a family blessed with wealth and a successful business.

I had never thought that I would make it out of a situation like that in Spain but after everything Zach had done I was impressed and convinced he had my best interest at heart. Not only did he get me out of Spain safely but he had even sorted out a room in the airport for me to pray in. He himself stood and guarded it the whole time I was praying.

And I had never even asked him to...

Father had been anxious the whole time since we had cut the call on him. He had left his work early and prayed for our well being pacing the front hallway waiting for some news.

When we finally reached him he had almost smothered me when he rushed over and pulled me into a tight embrace repeatedly murmuring Alhamdulillah over and over again. Zach had managed to get two calls in before we boarded the plane. One to Dad and the other to his boss John.

I went to my room while Father spoke with Zach. Our belongings were left behind in Spain so I had nothing to take upstairs.

While I locked the door and let my hair out I made my bath adding in some bath bubbles. I never really liked taking long in baths but for some reason I just wanted to soak up and relax my tensed muscles a little. Making sure to leave open the bedroom lock for Zach if he wanted to come in because I was going to take a long time to myself.

I was in a mess from all the running and had dirt on my clothes and face from the unforgettable jump I had made. I still couldn't wrap my head around that and squeezed shut my eyes trying to shake off the horrid feeling. I had been scared of heights ever since I could remember. I remember feeling like my guts were about to come out the moment I had taken the leap. But even so I don't think I had conquered my fear properly. I will just have to make sure I won't ever have to do something like that again.

In Shaa Allah.

When I had spent too much time in the water and noticed my skin creasing on my finger tips, I decided it was enough. Besides I had to get up and pray in spite of the fact that my eyes were weighing me down from the lack of sleep. I didn't go to sleep on the plane because I didn't want to cause a scene with my nightmares being so strong. Instead I had watched a movie with Zach and when he eventually nodded off I watched him instead wondering about the unpleasant realization of the way my feelings were drastically changing towards him.

I dragged myself out of the bath and pulled my prayer mat out ready for prayer. Zach still hadn't made his way up. I knew this since there were no socks or shoes lying around. It was usually the first thing he would do when he would come inside.

I prayed salat ash-shukr and made a lengthy dua of thanks and settled into my bed having changed my scarf for a towel.

It was probably a bad habit to be always lying in my bed but I didn't have the energy to do anything else. I was so tired and afraid of falling asleep without assistance.

I looked at the clock once again noticing it was passing two hours since Zach and I had reached home.

Why hasn't Zach come upstairs yet? What was Father talking to Zach about that would take 2 hours?

I tried getting my Quran out but after 10 minutes of reading my mind went to the clock again which only reminded me that Zach was taking a longer time than necessary.