7

As I made my way down in the elevator I unlocked my phone and called Mia. "Is everything ok?!" She asks sounding slightly panicked. "Yeah everyone's fine, I just need you to get something. We need the plans of the police station so we know what we're up against, do you mind? We're heading back now." Mia lets out a sigh of relief. "Yeah yeah sure. I'll head out to get it now, tell Brian not to worry and to stay safe." "Of course. Bye." I say hanging up the phone once I arrive in the lobby I see Brian and Roman standing the latter looking calmer than he did on the roof. "we good?" "Roman glances between us. "Yeah we good." I slap him on the back and relay Mia's message to Brian. "So I'm finally going to see all the work that you put in behind the scenes now?" Brian smirks holding back a laugh. I just give him a deadpan look before responding. "Yeah you get to see all the boring stuff."

We arrive back at the warehouse 15 minutes later, Tej is bringing up the cameras for the station whilst everyone else is standing around waiting. "So why do we even need the plans? Why don't we get him to change the video feed or put it down and bust a whole through the wall?" Santos asks from his position sitting on the arm of the couch. I laugh at his stupidity whilst sharing a look with Tej. "Er 'he' can change the feed or turn it off because they have an excellent firewall which means I would only have control for a limited amount of time - not enough for what we need to do and besides if anything goes wrong they'll just triple their security detail on the place." I let a small smile grace my face he really does remind me of Hardison just less techno babble. "Also considering the fact that Reyes has enough brass in his pocket to have most if not all of those police officers in his pocket. He's not likely just to leave his money where just anyone could access it. On his payroll or not. He's probably got one of the best safes around already in that police station for the certain eventuality that someone tries something." Tej offers me a high five to which I gladly accept.

Mia comes back an hour later with the plans, "The beauty of public offices? Public records." Everyone gathers around to look at the plans, Brian's mind already processing the information points to a certain something in the evidence room. "This is where he's keeping the money. The vault in the evidence room." "Um. Uh, yeah. Can I get everyone's attention, right here, for a second?" Tej who is leaning over the table raises a finger. "We're talking about breaking into a police station with high tech security software. Is anyone listening to those words? Anybody? Popo? Five-o. One-time. Pigs. People we don't like." I have to hold back my laughter as I notice the look of almost hurt and shock on Brian's face. Everyone however does share glances at Tej's words, every syllable sinking in slowly. I scoff at them, they're all wanted and we're going after the man that runs this place and they're seriously stressing over the fact we'll have to deal with the police. "You know, police stations as Malia said are designed to keep people in, not out." Hans voice of reason breaks the silence, pride swells in me that he actually listened unlike all the rest of them who seemed to brush of that statement earlier. "This is why it has to be a stealth mission." Following on from Brian's statement I butt in. "Minimum time in the place, on camera and as soon as we get the money we'll be off scott free." "We'll need eyes in there; at least to find out the make and model of that vault. And then I'm sure our resident thief can take it from there." His eyes find mine from across the table as he continues on from me. I give a Cheshire grin in response to him and the rest of them.

"So the vault and then.... it crazy..." Roman mumbles into his hand, still trying to wrap his head around the idea of breaking into a police station. "Who's supposed to do all of this?" He says still mumbling whilst gesturing with his hand. Brian, Mia and Dom all share looks which is enough to guess who's been volunteered. Everyone else joins in on staring at Roman. "What-What do you mean? Why me?" His voice raises in pitch whilst he tries catching everyone's eyes to make them change their mind. No such luck buddy. "Cause you've got the biggest mouth." Brian jests. "That's for damn sure." Tej agrees from Romans right. Roman starts shaking his head, his eyes finally landing on me. "B-but what about her?" He points dramatically at me. "What about her?" Dom's rich and husky voice asks in return. "Isn't that like her job? To trick people into doing stuff?" I let out a chuckle, "The technical term would be grifting, but yes I do grift when the occasion rise.." "Well the occasion has rose!!" Roman cuts me the veins in his neck bulging and one looks comically as if it might burst. "Relax hun. I'll teach you what you need to know."