11

Hours later when Dom and Brian return with a new car I've succeeded in hustling the rest of the gang out of some of their money. "What took you guys so long?" We all laugh as Brian comes in fast and loud reeving the engine of his new toy. Grinning like a little kid. "Really?" Rom pipes up too. "Where'd you get that from? Papa Smurf?" I grin at him raising my glass in appreciation of his wit and sarcasm. Brian only raises his arms shoulder height and shrugs before both men come over to join us. Brian going to Mia's side and giving her a kiss on the forehead and a hug whilst grabbing a beer whereas Dom makes his way over to the betting circle. Leo, Santos and Giselle have long since bought out whilst the others held on hoping to try and win their money back. "And what's been going on here?" "She's been playing us out of our money." Roman spits bitterly throwing his cards into the middle of the table folding. "She's a professional thief and liar, what do you expect? It's her job, no offence." Han says eating away at the pretzels that Mia had bought whilst raising the bet. "None taken hun. I take great pride in it." I call. My butt starts to vibrate, causing me to squirm. I lift my legs down from the table and set my cards face down taking out my phone answering it. "Ello?" "They've got Parker." Eliot's voice is rough and he starts coughing. "Who has Eliot? Who has Parker?" I jump to my feet and rush to Mia's laptop not so politely pushing her & Brian out of the way.

"The mark's men...Hardison's last minute cover for the people Sophie made up fell short and they jumped us and grabbed her. They had guns Malia." "Sh1t." I hack and triangulate Eliot's location based on his phone and replay the security feed. "Getting the feed you'll need a car, assuming you're not gonna bleed out on me at least for an hour or so. " "Just find her!" "They're heading for the docks and Eliot, Conrad is already there... Don't do it. Eliot don't be an idiot. You're injured. You got stabbed five times. You're out numbered and its open shooting range out there, you'll be dead before you can even help. I'll get backup with you in five just wait...." "They'll not wait Mal they're gonna kill her." "Eliot you son of a b1tch don't even think about it." I swear under my breath as he hangs up and drops it before running out of sight of the street camera. Not sparing a second I dial up another number "No time get to talk Ray get to the old docks of 34th and main. Eliot's hurt bad and they're gonna kill Parker." I try to get video feed but they are conveniently out of sight. Perfect. I start to pace back and forth.

Five minutes.....Ten minutes......Still nothing. Dom approaches me and stops my pacing trapping me in his arms. I push against them in a state of panic and anger. "It will be ok. They'll be okay." Is all he says his hold not wavering although I'm not trying overly hard to get out of it. Finally twenty minutes after the fact the phone's shrill ring echoes through the warehouse. I escape Dom's grasp and grab the phone it's Ray's number. I pick it up but say nothing. "We're okay." "You better thank every god there is you both are okay cause when I'm back there I'm going to beat your ass Eliot. How f1cking stupid are you? You've taken one too many hits to the head. What do you think I would have done without you both? " My rant is scary beyond belief and fills the empty walls of the large room but the underlying tone of desperation and hurt rings loud and clear. Eliot cuts me off. "Thanks for the help. Miles away and you're still saving our asses." "Where are the others?" "At the hotel? We were heading back when we were attacked destroyed our ear buds." His tone uncertain. "Have you got what you needed?" I run my hands through my hair. "Yeah and we just finished with him the second time," I can almost see him rolling his eyes at this, "when he obviously realized the IDs were fake and he got played and he wanted revenge. So Ray thinks that he can ensure he'll see time behind bars. The icing on top I suppose."

"Get stitched up and say to the white knight I say no ops for a week minimum. That means you have to rest too Eliot. Tell Ray we're good now." I hang up not giving him a chance to reply. "Honestly I could kill that woman!" I throw the phone back on to the table before apologizing to everyone then going for some air.

"You alright?" I jump standing up from were I was leaning on my elbows looking over the surrounding area. "Sorry." Dom rumbles from beside me. "Yeah. No. Could have lost them all cause Sophie is a greedy b1tch who only cares about herself. They're family you know? The only one I got." "What do you mean?" He comes to stand behind me. "Single mum, no siblings. Never knew my dad. Didn't want to with what he did to my mum. When I was young she started to get sick. Real sick. Cancer. She died. Turned to a life of crime when she was sick to try and pay for her treatment when she was gone it was the only thing I was really good at. Couldn't really go to college or anything cause I had to drop out of school. So I did what I knew what I was good at. Became a jack of all traits kind of thing. Stole enough to live a comfortable life but I didn't keep it give it to people who were in the same situation as my mum and I were in. Besides it was my life I couldn't stop it was all I knew. Then Nate called me in to help one con and we became a family." "Family is the most important thing in this world and you keep it close. It's not just blood." I turn slowly to face Dom and without overthinking it I hold either side of his face pulling him close kissing him. Pulling away I turn and look out at the view again. "Besides in a family there's always one you can't stand anyways." He slaps my ass before going back inside. Cheeky bastard.