After Ending #2

This is for my story reaching 100k reads! I love and appreciate everyone who has taken the time out of their day to read this story. It means the world to me!
*******

"We'll take it!" I said. I smiled down at my husband and hugged him tightly. We had just succeeded in choosing our first home together. It was a two story home with plenty of room for a family willing to expand. Johan and I talked extensively about adopting, but we wanted to get settled into a new home before taking that big step.

We signed some papers and soon enough we were given the keys. "I do hope you enjoy it here." The real estate agent said."

"We will." Johan replied. Then we stepped inside our new home.

I went looking around, taking in the place where we would be living. It was a just a mile or two from where Johan's dad resided and a few blocks away from his brother. I on the other hand was a bit far from my family, but I decided that Johan being near his was much more important. He had only met them for the first time when he was 18. My parents promised to visit often and I promised the same. It would all be okay.

"Ted! The moving vans are here." Johan called to me.

"Has Elaine come?" I called back.

"She's on her way."

We had left the hotel we were in today, knowing that we would take this house so we had prepared moving vans to bring our stuff. Elaine was a interior decorator we hired to make the house look amazing. I walked out into the living room to see Johan telling the movers where to put everything. I moved behind him and slipped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder.
I had such a hard time believing he was mine.

After we both graduated from college I couldn't wait any longer. I proposed to him at the Eiffel Tower and we got married a few months later. It's been about a year and a half and I still couldn't believe it. Seeing the ring on my finger and his face next to me when I woke up was the best feeling in the world.

As the movers got to work I took his hand and we walked outside. We had a nice porch with some benches to relax on. But I didn't sit on the bench and instead leaned over the railing.

"Can you believe this?" I asked him.

He kissed my hand that was still holding his and smiled. "Can I believe that I'm standing in my new home with the love of my life in the city I grew up in?" He looked at me with twinkling eyes. "Yes, I can."

I grinned and moved my hand to cup the side of his face and leaned down to kiss him. "I love you more than anything and everything." I told him.

"I love you Ted." He rested his head on my chest and sighed in content.
********
We decided to go and eat and let the movers do their job. We went to a fancy restaurant in town and then went browsing through some stores for decor. We found a couple things but the highlight was a huge Pool table that I spotted. After a bit of pleading, Johan let me get it. When we get back to our house (I enjoyed saying that) I immediately claimed the basement as my "man cave" much to Johan's amusement and put the pool table there. I planned to add more to that space but for the moment we just looked around the house and marvelled at the job Elaine did. The Master bedroom looked amazing and suited both of our tastes perfectly. Johan had a office for his photography that I could tell he would spend the rest of his life in, and we had about three spare rooms. The kitchen was massive which we were both excited about but the best part of the house was the pool in the back. There was a hot tub as well and the pool deck was decorated beautifully.

"This is perfect." Johan said.

"Welcome home babe." I told him with a smile.