Chapter 19: A Simple Compromise

Hayley's POV

I took more pills and chemicals in, needing to be gone before Taylor could do anything. After so many attempts, I found myself in the hallway, sobbing as I cut at my veins. The medicines weren't working fast enough.
You left Taylor alone, y'know?, the voice vexed. I tossed my head back against the wall, crying harder. How selfish of you. You left the one you loved.
"SHUT UP!" I shrieked as I held my head in my hands.
Whatever happened to him being the only thing to live for?, it quizzed.
"Shut. Up!" I growled as I curled into myself, sobbing into my knees. "Shut up! Leave me alone!" There was only the sound of my weeps echoing the halls.
I looked up at the wall. Black spots were in my vision. The pills were working... Or maybe I was finally losing enough blood. It didn't matter to me. As long as I was going to be gone soon.
Nothing else mattered. Then, Taylor's face came to mind. His smile, his voice, his eyes. Taylor York. The stiff I fell in love with. The stiff that was no longer a stiff. He flooded my mind as chemicals ate at my systems. I could go to him now, but it was too late.
I felt my body get weaker as I laid in the middle of the hall, my back against the wall. Taylor was still in my mind. I could still visualize the way he smile... his lips against mine... Him. I started to regret wanting to die, but I couldn't take it back. It was far too late.
"I'm sorry, Taylor," I managed to say to his nonexistence, as if he were in front of me, watching me die. Fresh tears poured down my face.
    I heard a door open, it slamming against the door.
"Hayley?" I heard a familiar voice call. I lazily turned my head towards the voice, my vision already blurred from tears and my approaching death. An image of red and blue ran towards me. The familiar voice was Taylor's. I couldn't speak. The blurriness welcomed me into darkness. And that's where I stayed.