Chapter 4

What is HE doing here?! He'll realize it's me in a heartbeat. What am I going to do?

I watch what is happening before me outside the recording booth, but I can't understand anything in this dang sound proof room. Everything they're saying just sounds all muffled.

From the looks of it, Shougo is just talking, more like begging, the director for something. Good thing Rei isnt here. It would be a dead give away to Shougo.

As they talked from outside the booth, they glanced every once in while at me. To prevent recognition, I just sit and stare down at my phone and act like I'm using it. However, as I take a glance at my brother, I can tell he still hasn't recognized me.

Thank goodness for these contacts.

Suddenly the director's voice catches my attention.

"Megumi, Shougo-san has a favor to ask of you."

ME? What does he want from me?

Instead of talking to me through the mic, I see Shougo walking into the recording booth.

"Megumi-san, it's nice to finally meet you," he tells me with that flirtatious expression he uses on all his fans.

...is he seriously trying to flirt to get me to do his bidding?

"A-ah, yes. Likewise," I reply, trying to get him to stop with that. As his sister, it's disturbing to have to stand here and hear him flirt.

"I have a little brother who's a big fan of yours, well of your character. I want to give him this alarm clock with a personalized wake up recording of Lala Lulu," he explains.

So this is Rei' s way of getting Izumi to do the commercial... help from my brother.  Not bad, Rei.

"All I ask of you is a recording of a wake up call for him," Shougo continues.

It's for my Izu, so of course I can't say no.

"Sure thing, Onii-chan. Anything for Izu," I immediately answer.

At my answer, he gave me a look of confusion, then realization. I didn't understand why till it hit me...

Oh no. I just revealed myself... I'm so stupid.

"Natsumi?" He asks.

Even though he already knows now, I still try to cover up my mistake, awfully.

"Natsumi? Who's Natsumi? I'm Megumi," I try to play it cool.

And at the best time, Rei walks into the studio with coffee for the staff and us voice actors, only to almost drop it at the sight of me and Shougo.

I'm screwed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I know it's short, but I just wanted to give you an update to move along with the story.
(Unedited version: 8.13 3:19am)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow 💕💕
- Juli