Chapter 11

BAM!

What was that?

Well none other than the sound of Rei practically breaking a sleeping Izumi's door. I made the bad choice of waiting for my twin as I have been waiting for the past 30 minutes.

Izumi finally comes downstairs all dressed up and goes to put on his shoes as I continue to wait by the door.

"Gomene, Natsu-nee" he says to me.

"Why have you been late these days? I'm always waiting for so long even after breakfast" I say, looking at the time on my watch.

"Drawing manga of course!"

"What?"
Rei went unheard as Izumi went into a rant on his plans in making a 10 volume manga. He talked of his excitement at the possibility of winning first place in a manga contest he will be writing the first chapter for.

"By the way. Do either of you recognize this? The maid found it in the laundry." Rei holds out a marble to us, halting Izumi's daydream.

"Oh! That's Ryouma's charm! I forgot all about it!"

"Wait, the Ichijou Ryouma?"

Izumi goes on to explain the significance of the marble to Rei.

"It's meant to calm you down, and it really helped me during the shoot. What do I do? I forgot to give it back. Crap."

Rei holds up the marble and takes a closer look at it.

"Doesn't look anything special, just a normal marble. It even has some cracks and scratches in it from being in the washer."

"What?! No! Must have been from when I dropped it too...."

"Careful, Izu. You might drop it again," I warn him.

"I won't, but can you give it back to him Rei. Pretend like nothing-"

And of course, at that moment, the marble falls out of Izumi's hand. We froze at the moment, and watched it fall onto the step hit the lower floor. Izumi looked at it with so much fear, and reluctantly picked it up. The poor marble had even more cracks. One more drop could possibly shatter it entirely.

"Nee-chaaaaan, what do I do?" He began to freak out.

"There's nothing else you can do except find a replacement."

"Got it!"

"We should head to school now, and then you can find a new one after class."

We said our goodbyes to Rei, and began our walk to school.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, I have to find it by myself?!"

"Well duh. You're the one who dropped it.... Twice even."

We talked as we continued walking through the streets.

"Why can't you help me?" He looked at me, as we stopped at a busy intersection.

"Because I have to go home right after to get ready for work tonight."

Our conversation was cut short when we saw the commercial play on the big screen on the tall building across the street. Both of us were amazed by how he looked in it.

"That's the commercial that's trending right now!" We heard a girl from behind us say to her friend.

"Apparently the kid in it is Ichijou Ryouma!!" They began fangirling over him.

"They look so good together!" "You think they're dating??"

"Who is she though? Model?"

So many girls were talking about it around us. Izumi was getting embarrassed by it.

"Wait.... Isn't that her? The one over there?"

The fangirling changed into murmurs and points at me. Izumi and I look at each other with panic. I had forgotten to put on my glasses and hat before leaving due to the marble fiasco. Some people around us began to take pictures. I quickly rummaged through my bag for my sunglasses and spare jacket, while Izumi tried to block me from the crowd. Once I was covered, we ran through the crowd and hurried to school.

Ever since the commercial aired a month ago, I had to keep a low profile, but it's hard when your twin brother is practically identical to you. To make things worse, the commercial is getting more and more popular. Everyone wants to know who she is, and I am practically her. In all of my classes, they suspect it's me even when I deny it for people who ask. The other two members of the manga club have also seen it and asked. But I immediately shut it down. However, Takahiro already knew the truth as I told him since he knows my secret.

At first, we were worried that people would recognize Izumi, but of course no one did. Right after the commercial aired, everyone was coming after me.

While it was perfect for my twin as he could focus on "becoming a mangaka," it was bothersome for me as someone who disguises themselves to work as a model and voice actor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Classes were the same as always, with me listening to lectures while Izumi drew. When they were over, we went our separate ways as I went home to change for work and he stayed at the club room.

On my way home, I got a text from Rei.

"Both of you should get home NOW!

Ichijou Ryouma is here, and he wants the marble back!

Your parents and I have left the house, so I leave it to you both.

PS. Izumi, you'll just have to apologize. Good luck.

PPS. Natsumi, help him."

Not even a second later, I get a call from my brother.

"WHAT TO I DO NATSU-NEE?!" I held my phone away from my ear to keep my hearing.

"How about this, I'll go home and stall him to buy you time to find a new one. If you can't find one, then come home and apologize."

"Thank youuu," he cries into the phone.

"Now go hurry, so he won't be mad."

I hang up on him and speed walk home.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Tadaima"