The Legends of Valoria - The Last Paladin of Highmoore: Enhanced

Prelude

"You do not understand. I must leave in order to learn what it is these visions of mine entail. If I am right, then, the Destroyer is trying to return," the young, petite woman spoke urgently, her auburn hair pulled into a tight bun behind her head. Her voice echoed off from the walls of the marble chamber in which she stood.

"Talia, I have already told you, it is simply too dangerous for you to leave while the Forsaken are about." The blonde haired woman spoke through the hooded veil of her long black robes, her mysteriously blue eyes illuminating beneath the shadow.

"High priestess Angelica, I am telling you, I have not another choice. I need to learn what mine visions mean. If there is any chance that the Destroyer is returning, we must make any sacrifice to ensure that he cannot." Talia spoke firmly while feverishly whirling her fingers, trying to fasten her light grey cloak around her shoulders.

"Talia, I am not about to repeat myself again! You are simply too valuable for us to risk. The last priestess to be blessed with Aneira's sight died centuries ago. We must use your abilities for their true purpose, the return of Aneira." A large man with a thick black beard, armor gleaming gold, red and silver stepped forward and stood next to Talia.

"Mistress Angelica, I will travel to the shrines with Mistress Talia and ensure that no harm befalls her. I swear it on my very life." Angelica and Talia both grew quite stiff and uncomfortable.

"Sir Marec, will you make the blood oath? Will you swear upon your life and your very soul that you will protect Talia from any dangers that she may face?" Marec cleared his throat and straightened before responding. Talia shook her head interrupting Marec.

"Please Sir Marec, you do not have to do this. If anything were to happen to me then you would die."

"I am aware of the penalty for breaking a blood oath, though I am willing to go through with it none the less." Marec nodded his head, his stern expression unchanged. The black robed woman looked at Marec and nodded her head.

"Do this and I shalt not impede your path. However, I demand your return well before the eclipse. It is imperative that you be here in order to fulfill your true mission."

"I Marec Kaldur, paladin of Aneira, swear on my life to protect the priestess Talia Degracia from danger." Marec continued with a sacred ritual that required him to make a small incision on the palm of his hand. They could hear a crack of thunder off in the distance as Marec's blood began to glow brightly. After he was finished, Angelica contemplated in silence for a moment.

"Very well, Sir Marec, you are to escort Talia to the other shrines and help her decipher her visions."

"It shall be done, mistress." Marec clapped his hand to his chest while dropping to a knee.

"Thank you High Priestess Angelica." Talia graciously thanked the elder, black-robed woman. Talia and Marec left the grand temple of Aneira without further notice in order to begin their voyage to journey to the other shrines.

The Aneiran shrines, centers of religious salvation which are scattered throughout the continent, pay homage to the goddess Aneira, matron goddess of Valascaana and Highmooria. The Grand Aneiran Cathedral protects their principles, beliefs and traditions. This focal point of Aneira's power lies in Valascaana. It was once believed that the true shrine of Aneira, the original goddess spire, lie somewhere far to the west. The true spire was said to be surrounded by high mountains on all sides, only being accessible to the most worthy and capable of Aneira's children and was even rumored to house her throne. Despite the rumors, none have ever found the true spire of the goddess. Pilgrims from all across the continent flood to the gates of the goddess spire that rests within the Grand Aneiran Cathedral in Valascaana.