Chapter 23

Ryan's POV

Tyler looked less worried when I next saw him next. It was a couple of days after because he had had training and a game so we didn't have time to tutoring. This time I was meeting him at the park a couple of minutes early for our Saturday training session.

"How are you going?" I asked.

"I took some of your advice. I talked to my Mom and she was completely fine with it," he started.

"See what did I tell you?" I interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I talked to James. He was a little bit surprised but he seemed to be fine with it as well," he continued.

"That's really cool," I told him.

"Yeah"

"Are you going to tell the rest of your team?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm probably not going to because it's close to the end of the season so I'm not sure that it's worth the pain."

I nodded because it made sense. We stopped talking about it because more of the group joined us and starting talking about other things instead. Hailey and Cody were the first to join us and we stood around waiting for everyone else.

I took a moment to look at Tyler as he was talking to Cody. He had a slight smile on his face and I wasn't sure if it was because of talking to his Mom and James or because of what we are doing. We had talked a couple of times about it and he always told me that he loved our training.

We started a couple of minutes later as the last of our group joined us and we started working. I kept our session pretty normal but everyone was still exhausted when we finished.

I was slightly surprised to see that Tyler had pulled his shirt off, despite the cold, and I had to make sure that I wasn't staring. Instead I focused on talking to everyone else as they headed out.

I stretched out my legs on the ground as everyone headed out until it was just me and Tyler.

"I'm exhausted," he moaned.

"Same, how are you not freezing?" I asked.

He shrugged and for a couple of moments we stretched in silence.

"Do you want to go for lunch?" I asked.

He looked up at me and for a second I thought that I had done something wrong but he then nodded. We managed to pick ourselves off the ground and in that moment I knew that my muscles were going to be sore tomorrow.

There was a place nearby that I liked so I lead Tyler there. We didn't talk much as we focused on sore muscles instead. We didn't end up talking until we finished eating since we couldn't be bothered moving again yet.

I noticed his leg bouncing under the table and I had to ask him about it because it meant that he was nervous about something. He frowned slightly when I asked and he paused for a moment.

"Can I ask you something that might seem really stupid?" he asked.

I wasn't sure what he was going to ask but I nodded anyway.

"I know that you will probably going to say no but would you go out on a date with me?" he asked.

I looked up at him and noticed how bright his smile was when I nodded.

"Really?" he asked.

"Of course. I've had a crush on you for ages," I admitted.

He smiled more and I noticed that his leg had stopped bouncing under the table. I was still slightly surprised when he grabbed my hand under the table but it made me smile.

"When are you free?" he asked.

"Whenever we don't have tutoring," I told him.

"Then tomorrow I I'm going to take you out."

I smiled even more as we headed out together. Neither of us let go of the others hand as we walked and it meant that we were walking closer together than usual.

"Are you going to tell me what we are doing?" I asked.

"Nope," he smirked.

I laughed slightly because I was pretty sure that was going to be the answer but I had to ask anyway. He laughed as well as we headed home.

"Jordan is going to be so smug when he finds out," I muttered.

"Are you going to tell him?" he asked.

"I'm probably going to tell my three friends because we are really close friends. Jordan already knew about my crush anyway," I explained.

"I hadn't even thought about telling my friends. I'll probably tell James but that will be it. What if your friends don't like me?" he asked.

"They already like you," I told him.

He nodded and we talked about other things instead. It felt nice to have him this close to me and I didn't want to let go even when we reached my house.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow," he smiled.

I nodded and finally we separated as I headed up to my house and he headed off to his. I had forgotten that I was still sweaty from our training and I had completely forgotten about it. I thought about calling Jordan first but I decided that he would want to talk for a while so I decided to show first.

My shoulders relaxed as the hot water hit my body. I'd had a good day but there was nothing better than a hot shower. I stood under the jets for a couple of minutes before stepping out to call Jordan.

He answered after a couple of rings just as I had stretched out on the bed.

"What's up, Ry?" he asked.

"Tyler asked me out on a date," I told him.

I then had to hold the phone away from my year as Jordan started screeching. It took a couple of minutes before he started talking at an acceptable volume for me to listen to.

"Fuck, I told you, I told you, I told you," he laughed.

I laughed slightly as well but I was really glad when he stopped telling me how he always knew that it was going to happen.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I don't know. He didn't want to tell me," I said.

He hummed slightly on the other end and we stopped talking about my upcoming date and about other things instead. I was right in the fact that it would be a long phone call because it was over an hour before we stopped talking.

I stayed lying on the bed for a couple of minutes and I couldn't wait until tomorrow and I could go out with Tyler. I had waited for this long, I could wait until tomorrow.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One