Chapter 24

Ryan's POV

I was nervously waiting for Tyler by the door. My palms were slightly sweaty and I had to keep wiping them on my jeans. I was wearing them with a blue button-up shirt because I wasn't sure what we were doing I wanted to look nice.

At last someone knocked on the door so I pocketed my phone and opened it to find Tyler standing there. I smiled brightly before shutting the door behind me.

"Am I going to find out where we are going now?" I asked.

He shook his head which made me laugh but I followed him out. His car was parked on the street so I slid into the passenger seat and he started to drive. I didn't know exactly where we were going but I recognised the area.

In the end I did realise where we were going and it made me smile. Tyler was bringing me to a bowling alley. It didn't take long to get shoes and lane so after a couple of minutes we could start.

It turns out that both Tyler and I are terrible bowlers and after our first game we had to put the bumpers up to stop the number of gutter balls that we had thrown.

The second game had a higher score than the first one and I was smiling when I ended up higher than Tyler.

"Do you want to play another game?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah so I can beat you again," I teased.

He laughed but then paid for another game. We kept chirping each other after each bowl and I was extremely pleased when I won again. Instead of playing another game we headed out for food instead.

Tyler said that he knew a really good Mexican place nearby that we could go to and I agreed. We ended up walking because it was literally around the corner and we started talking about the game.

"I'm going to have find something that I can beat you at," Tyler complained.

"You might be trying for a while," I teased.

He laughed which I was pleased about. Once we were inside the restaurant it didn't take us long to be seated and to order so that we could be left alone.

"What did Jordan say?" Tyler smirked.

"He told me how he told me so," I groaned.

Tyler laughed as I continued to recount how the conversation how gone. Tyler and Jordan had gotten along every time that they were together and I could see them getting along more.

"My Mom wants to meet you again," he added.

"Your Mom is really nice. I'd love to meet her again. I haven't managed to talk to my parents but I'm sure that they would want to you have you dinner too," I added.

"With or without your siblings?"

"Without, they don't live close enough. They'd all love to meet you though," I smiled.

"They knew about your crush as well, did they?"

I blushed slightly and ducked my head. Tyler grabbed my hand across the table and I slowly lifted my head to meet his gaze.

"I think that it's cute."

I smiled slightly at him and we continued talking as we waited for our food to come. It was so easy to talk to Tyler and the whole thing was comfortable. Our food came not long later and we both tucked in. Tyler was right and the food was amazing.

We headed out together and we were walking so close together that our shoulders brushed. Tyler had grabbed my hand before and it made me smile more. We didn't talk much on the drive home until Tyler pulled up in front of my house.

"Are we studying tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes please."

We didn't say anything for a minute and just sat there in silence.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," I said.

He nodded but we still didn't move.

"I should probably go," he said.

I nodded but neither of us moved again. Eventually I pushed the door open and stepped out. We had been sitting there for twenty minutes already so I really should go in. Once I got out I stood on the sidewalk for a minute and watched Tyler drive away before heading inside.

Mom and Dad were in the office so I didn't want to disturb them. Instead I headed upstairs and grabbed my laptop out to start doing basketball stats. I hadn't spent as much time like this in a while because Tyler and I had been doing it at school.

I only looked up from my laptop when I heard my phone start vibrating on the bed. I glanced at the screen to see that it was Jordan and I knew that if I didn't pick up he would spend all of tomorrow complaining about it.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How was it?" he asked.

I placed my laptop on the desk before answering him. We talked about it for a while and I could hear him smiling on the other end of the phone.

"I'm happy for you," he said.

"How was your weekend?" I asked so the conversation would move away from me.

"Not too made. Applied for a couple of colleges," he said.

I had to breath a couple of times before I could respond because the thought of college really freaked me out because I didn't how what I was doing.

"Which ones?" I asked.

He listed off a couple of good places and we talked about it for a while. At last he had to go so we stopped talking and he hung up.

I grabbed my laptop back and opened up a new tab. Rather than going back to my stats stuff I started looking at colleges. I'm still not sure whether it was helping me or not but I continued to look.

It was getting late and at last I shut my laptop. I had a message from Tyler on my phone which made me smile.

I have a lot of fun tonight. Look forward to our next date

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One