Chapter 48

Ryan's POV

None of my brothers could make it home for Christmas since they were all playing games too close to Christmas to make it worth it. Instead we Skyped all three of them at the same time as we opened presents.

I relaxed as I listened to Jamie and Jason arguing and it was like they were in the room as well. Dan was laughing at both of them as well which made it even better.

"How is everyone going?" Mom asked.

I then listened to the three of them and what they had been doing. I had managed to talk to them a bit so they all knew about my break up as well. I just couldn't believe that I had forgotten to tell Mom and Dad.

I found myself relaxing more and I barely heard Jamie calling my name. I glanced up at him just in time to see all three of my siblings start laughing.

"Now that you are back with us, are you ready to open presents?" he asked.

I nodded and for a few minutes we were all mostly silent as we opened our presents from each other and other family. I hadn't really asked for anything in particular so I wasn't sure what I was going to get.

I got a couple of books that my parents knew that I wanted as well as a couple other things that I wanted such as notebooks and a new hoodie. I just preferred spending the time with my family. Dan was the first one to have to leave and Jason wasn't long after.

Mom and Dad were going out for lunch with some of their friends. They had asked me if I wanted to come but I turned them down. Jamie still had a while before his game since he was on the West Coast so it left just me and him.

"How are you going?" Jamie asked.

"Not too bad. I'm glad to have a bit of time off and not have lots of work to get done," I said.

"What about with Tyler?" he asked.

"It's still really awkward but it's the same with every break up," I said simply.

He hummed on the other end and I pushed the conversation onto other things. I listened to him talk to more about the stupid things that his teammates had done recently and other things that he has done.

"Hey, Ry, I've got to go so are you doing anything with the rest of the day?" he asked.

"I'm meeting up with my own friends in a couple of hours," I told him since it was already midday.

He then had to go so I hung up. I continued to sit there for a couple of minutes before deciding that I really should move and eat lunch. I cleaned up all the wrapping paper on the floor before heading into the kitchen.

Mom had asked me a couple of times if I minded them going out because it then meant that I wasn't going to have any company for lunch. Honestly I didn't mind because I was here for a few days so I had had plenty of time to spend time with them and I didn't care.

Mom had made chicken with potato for me earlier and all I had to do was stick in it the oven. I spent the rest of the time mucking around on my phone and starting to read one of the books that I got. It didn't seem like long until I was heading out.

We were meeting at Jordan's house and since I was a little bit early I was the first one there. I said hello to his family before heading into his room again.

"Merry Christmas," I smiled.

I had presents for all three of them but we waited for Drew and Morgan who joined us not long later.

"Merry Christmas," Morgan smiled.

We all echoed him and the four of us settled on the bed before switching presents. I opened them to find another couple of books that I was looking forward to reading and a couple of shirts.

Once we had finished we started to catch up. I had talked to Morgan and Drew a bit over the semester but not as much as Jordan. It meant that there was more to catch up on. Since they were both at Ivy League colleges their work was even harder and I couldn't imagine but I was doing a lot more with the basketball team.

"I can't believe how different it is from last year," Drew said.

"I know," Morgan hummed.

"I kind of like it this year because it's more like real life," I admitted slightly.

"Same," Jordan added.

We then continued to talk as we sat there. It was easy to spend the time with my friends like this. I was close with Alex and I talked to a couple of other people in my classes but no one that I was as close to as these guys.

"I miss you guys a lot," I said.

"Same. It's not the same with the guys that I'm friends with because I haven't known them for years," Drew added.

We then continued to talk until Morgan had to get home to his family. Drew then had to leave not long later leaving me and Jordan again. I relaxed backwards so that I was leaning against the headboard and Jordan moved to sit beside me.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"It was really nice. I got to talk to all three of my brothers so that was really nice," I smiled.

"Yeah, it's nice to have time with family," he mused.

"Are you sure that you don't want to me to go home so you can spend time with them?" I asked.

"Of course not. I don't get to spend much time with you so I want to spend the time with you," he told me.

I nodded and we continued to talk. I was able to relax with Jordan in a way that I hadn't been able to for a while because of work, Tyler and other things. At last I realised that I should head to home for dinner since my parents would be home.

I said goodbye to Jordan because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to see him again.

"You better call more this semester," he told me.

"That's a two way street," I laughed.

He laughed more and hugged me once more.

"Honestly though Ryan, call if anything happens," he told me.

I nodded before heading out. Overall I had had a pretty good Christmas and just spending time here was good.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One