V. No Rain

Clarke's POV

"I dub this year the Year of No Rain," I exclaim, slightly out of breath as I toss my shovel to the side. It's been two years since Praimfaya destroyed everything and the barren terrain has been empty of any growth. I still find myself in disbelief that I've been alone for two whole years, that my friends returned to space- a place we never thought we'd step foot in again. Well not truly 'we'. I remind myself as I think of my mom and Octavia in the bunker... and me- alone, still, for the next three years.

Stop it, I tell myself. You're being silly and you'll just make yourself crazy. I shake my head to clear the thoughts and instead focus on the problem on hand- no rain. It rained periodically the past two years; well you assumed it did the first year. You didn't leave the lab, I chide myself.

I hadn't left the lab the first year because I saw no need to; I had shelter and food, plus I needed time to heal. You weren't ready to face the destruction of Praimfaya, I remind myself. You weren't ready. I was sick most of the first year, between throwing up and massive headaches. I even had a few seizures during the first weeks when my fever rose too high and I couldn't find the medicine. But that was in the beginning- I still have the headaches and the last time I seized was when I got sick from drinking some bad rainwater. That was about 6 months ago, I muse to myself.

I turn back to my garden. It's tiny but sustains me. The bunker had enough extra rations stashed away for me to last a year but I ran out and have been farming ever since. And I've done a fine job if I ask myself. Well, ya didn't. Damn stop talking to yourself Clarke. I wince and grab my head. Maybe I should stop talking to myself, it brings the headaches. I close my eyes and rub my temples, willing the pain to pass.

The pain subsides and I become aware of a cool sensation on my knees; with a gasp, I drop to my hands. Water! I've been digging close to where the lake was in hopes of reaching an underground water well and I've finally done it! I dig frantically with my hands, not caring about how dirty I'm getting. The small puddle grows and grows and soon I'm submerged in water. I gasp in delight and splash myself, cleansing my skin and clothes. Now, this is the life.

/A month later/

/A month later/

I sigh and toss my sketchbook aside; it's my fifth one this year alone. I've been filling them with sketches of before- Polis, Arkadia, my mom, of Raven, of Octavia... of Bellamy. I've already filled the walls of my room, the room where Bellamy told me that I couldn't say goodbye to my mom, where he held me in his arms and for a split second I forgot why I was sobbing.

I'm forgetting her face. I'm forgetting all of their faces. I need some fresh air.

I gather my pack and gun. Better to be safe than sorry, I think to myself. With no destination, I mind I trek across the barren terrain. My garden is slowly becoming a vibrant patch of green; it's my haven in this desolate landscape and the only source of color.

Hours have passed before I come across the only interesting thing I've seen: a hunk of twisted metal that reminds me of the Rover. I glance around and see no one, so I decide to get closer. The Rover is pretty intact, for something that survived Praimfaya, but I would definitely need to rebuild it. If only Raven were here, I muse. She could fix it.

The area around the Rover looks domesticated and the back of my neck starts to itch as if I'm being watched. There are small crates and scraps of cloth, as well as what looks as if it could pass as a fence. Is someone else alive? Am I not alone? But then my hyperdrive kicks in- Are they friendly? I approach the Rover cautiously, but curious- my gun aimed and ready. What had survived this long? Surely no animal could have with little vegetation and water; I haven't even seen a bird!

And with the signs of it being an actual person, who else had survived Praimfaya. And how? I'm sweating now; I can feel it roll down the sides of my face and my back. Shit, did I forget my canteen? I chuckle to myself. The excitement of possibly seeing another human being in 2 years making me dizzy and I can feel my breath turning shallow.

As a new thought crosses my mind, I hear movement and spin around. I see a pair of eyes studying me, but darkness over takes me...

Madi's POV

The woman approaches my shelter, her gun marking her as a member of the legendary Skaikru- the tribe that fell from the sky. I heard all about them from my father and the other warriors, who returned to camp always one less than what they started with. I shake my head to focus my concentration on the lady. She is skinny, as skinny as me and I'm little. Her head appears shaved but I can see the burns on her face, the ones from Praimfaya that mirror mine. I creep closer to my shelter, wary but excited. It's been two whole years with no one.

I accidentally kick a rock in my attempt to shadow her, startling the woman. She whips around, her gun pointed straight at me but before she can register who I am. Or what... I see pain ripple across her face and she falls to the ground with a cry. The woman begins shaking violently and I rush to her side. "Hey hey," I whisper in Trigedasleng, hoping she understands. I think back to what my father would do for my younger cousin when he had his fits. The lady starts moaning and a white foam fills her lips. I turn the lady on her side, hoping her spit will drain and not choke her. I can do nothing more but support her head and wait for the spell to pass.

As the shaking slows and her breathing calm, I ease her head to the ground. Well, I guess I'm not alone anymore. I walk back to my dropped supplies and dig for my water pouch; despite there being little rain this year, I know how badly she'll need some when she wakes up. But who is she?

I look around and spot her pack. Excited, I run to it. I glance at the unconscious lady and begin to rummage. It's just basic supplies- a water pouch, some small potatoes, extra clothes. The only exciting thing is a book filled with sketches. I thumb through, curious as to who the people are and if they are still around. Wow, this one looks just like her, I think as I study the page. A sudden scream pierces the air, causing me to drop the book and spring up, my sword drawn.

The scream comes again and I remember the lady before sheepishly putting my sword away. I rush to my side as she begins to trash but I can tell that she is still asleep. So she gets nightmares too. "Shhhh, shhh," I murmur. "It's okay, you're safe- I got you,"  I whisper the words over and over again until the lady's head becomes heavy in my lap. I run my hand over her head, the short hair prickling me. Who are you?

A/N: This did not go as I planned so I might edit it and republish, but finally- a Clarke POV! Ahh, I have so many plans and I can't wait to write them all out! I hope you guys enjoy. Please comment, vote and follow xx

A/N: So I revised this a little bit and the next chapter should be out by the end of the day :)