IV. In Peace

Raven's POV

"In peace may you leave this shore. In love may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again" I repeat it over and over to myself; it has become a constant mantra in my head. We, but mainly me, have five years to fix the problem of finding a way to return to the ground. Three years now, I remind myself. I spin my chair away from the computer screen and clutch my head.

No rocket fuel and not enough missiles for us all and not enough room for more than one person in a missile. What am I missing? I heave myself off the chair, cursing my leg with every step I take. When in doubt, pace it out.

We need to get back to the ground when the 5 years is up; I owe it to Clarke. Plus, I need to see Abby again. I need to be the one to tell her about Clarke and her sacrifice.

"Raven!" Shouts Monty, disrupting my thoughts. I spin around, pissed, but my leg acts up and I end up tripping. "What?" I pant angrily, catching myself on a table.

"I haven't seen Bellamy in two days," Monty states. "He trusts you most out of us all. Have you at least talked to him?" Fuck, I mutter. Bellamy picked up the bottle after the first anniversary of Clarke's death and he hasn't put it down since.

Monty and I race down the hall, desperate to reach Bellamy and frantically hoping it's not a repeat of last year. As we near the corridor that Bellamy claimed, we collide with Murphy and Emori.

"Yo Reyes! Slow down!" Murphy yells.

"No time!" I shoot back. "It's Bellamy!" The couple exchanges a look.

"What about him?" Asks Emori. "He's fine because the last I kn-"

"Wait!" Monty interrupts. "You've seen him!"

"Man," complains Murphy. "Don't interrupt her." Emori places her hand on Murphy's shoulder. "It's fine, John. Yeah we saw him with Echo last night."

"Both were drunkkkkkk," Murphy adds with a chuckle. Monty rolls his eyes and chuckles along, but my pounding heart calms down. As long as Bellamy was with Echo, he couldn't have gotten into trouble. Though I don't like them together...

"Oh also," adds Emori, as she looks to Murphy for approval; he nods. "We found something that might help him."

"I'll take you, Reyes," Murphy says. Monty nods in consent; things between him and Harper have been rocky for months now and he's been pouring himself into fixing an old communicator we found.

"Well lead the way, Murphy," I say with a shrug of my shoulders. He leans down to kiss Emori's head and her face lights up in delight. She hugs him before joining Monty down the hall.

"Who knew you were such a romantic?" I ask.

"Shut up, Reyes."

Bellamy's POV

I'm laying on the ground in a puddle of sweat. I can't remember how I got here or why; all I am aware of is a pounding. Is that my head or the door?

"Bellamy! Bro, I know you're in there. Don't make me break in." I look towards the door from my position on the floor. I groan as haul myself into a seated position and I flinch as my hand connects with a glass bottle that connects with other glass bottles. Ah so my head is pounding, but so is the door, I chuckle wryly to myself but regret it quickly. "I'm alive," I groan to whoever is banging on the door.

"Well let me in then. We found something."

"You better not be drunk," another voice adds. It sounds like a female and I hope it's not Raven. She'll be so angry that I went off the deep end again. I make my way slowly to the door, clutching my head the whole way but grateful that the lights were off- at least drunk me is considerate of hungover me.

"Well show me the something," I mutter as I open my door and find a smirking Murphy leaning against the doorway with Raven standing behind him.

"Oh bro, you reek," Murphy states, gagging as he steps back. Raven smacks his head but barely controls the rage that is evident on her face. "Yeah well, I'm conserving water," I mutter embarrassedly. Murphy just shakes his head and walks away, with Raven trailing closely behind him. "Well let's go," he huffs.

After walking a bit, I begin to recognize where we are. "Why are we headed to the prisoner wing?" I demand.

"Oh shush," insists Raven. "Just trust us. Okay?" I nod.

"Well Blake, we're here," Murphy says, stopping in front of an open door. He gestures for me to look inside. I'm wary but comply.

I walk inside, in awe of what I'm seeing

I walk inside, in awe of what I'm seeing. Sketches fill the walls, the floor. I'm surprised they aren't on the ceiling.

"This was... Clarke's?" I choke out, the tears welling in my eyes. Murphy nods.

"Get out," I say gruffly. "Leave! Leave me alone!" I stagger around the cell, looking from picture to picture. I hear Murphy chuckle darkly.

"On one condition Blake," he says evenly. "Give up the drinking. You're no help to us and Clarke wouldn't-".

I grab him by the collar. "You don't know what Clarke would want!" I spit out savagely. "She's dead. I left her. She's. Dead. She's... dead... I left her....". I release Murphy and hang out to the wall like my life depends on it. Raven approaches me carefully, pushing Murphy out the door.

"Raven," I begin walking away from her.

"Bellamy," she sighs. "We're all hurting here, still... because of you." She places a hand on my shoulder. "We all left Clarke and now you're leaving us. We're all here for you." I turn to her, not caring about the tears that stream down my cheeks.

"I've failed her, Raven," I sob. "I left her behind and I've failed her now." I roll up my sleeve and show her what I mean, how much of myself I've lost. The white scar blinds me in the fluorescent lighting of Clarke's old cell. I hear Raven's breath catch and then, there are cold fingers on my arm. She rolls down my sleeve and forces me to look at her.

"You don't get to give up, Bellamy. Look at me! Look at Emori! Look at Monty! He lost the use of his hands, his sacrifice for saving us. We haven't given up and neither should you. Clarke wouldn't want you to."

I nod meekly. "Okay," I say defeated. "Okay. I quit. I'm done. Take it all." Raven smiles.