XII. Reacting

Bellamy's POV

"Play the most recent one," I demand, desperate to hear Clarke's voice again. She's alive... after all this time she's alive.

Raven nods and presses a few buttons. Clarke's voice fills the room and I've never heard anything sweeter in my life.

"Today is the day. It's been 1825 days. Your 5 years are up! I can't wait to see you all.
Bellamy, if you're listening. I miss you..."

I zone out after I hear Clarke say that she misses me. Five years later and she hasn't given up on us. I stiffen. But we gave up on her. You left her and gave up all hope, you idiot. She never stopped believing. You abandoned her...

I'm jolted from my thoughts when I hear Murphy laugh loudly; the others have smiles plastered on their faces. They're excited to learn that Clarke isn't dead; they're not beating themselves up over losing up. So why are you? Raven looks my way and I see her smile drop. 'Are you okay?' She mouths; I shake my head, not trusting myself to speak. She nods and mouths 'Talk later?' I nod back.

"Gosh I miss you all. Monty's moonshine party when you're down!
May we meet again."

The others cheer. I see Monty and Harper twirl around, laughing before they fall into each other's arms. I see Murphy hug Emori who has tears streaming down her face; Murphy even slyly wipes of few of his own away and my heart breaks. Why am I not reacting like this? Like them?

"Can you believe that Clarke has kids?" Yells Murphy in disbelief. Monty and Harper laugh.

"How do you say 'Mother of Death' in Trigedasleng?" Jokes Harper.

Raven and the others laugh. Emori looks confused; she doesn't know about Clarke and her nickname of Wanheda.

"Wait Clarke had kids?" I say in shock. Did I miss something?

"Yeah Blake," Raven says easily with a roll of her eyes. "Did you miss that part or something? She even wished for Murphy to be there!" The others all laugh again and Murphy does a comedic bow.

I look around and see that Echo is gone. Shit.

Raven's POV

"I think he reacted pretty well," whispers Monty. Our plan went smoothly; everyone thought we just got the radio fixed, that we just found out about Clarke.

"I don't know," I say uneasily. "I need to go talk to him." Bellamy disappeared awhile ago and the rest of us stayed to listen to the recordings. I was the only one to see Echo sneak out and I wasn't sure if Bellamy went to her or to our window.

"Let him and Echo talk first," Monty suggests. "This is going to be especially hard on Echo. What is Bellamy going to do?"

"Well it's not like him and Clarke were ever... you know," I whisper back fiercely. Monty raises his eyebrows.

"Easy tiger," Monty says softly. "We all know they weren't, but him and Clarke were the heads, they were partners. We all depended on them."

"Clarke was the head," I say with a smile, remembering a conversation I had with Bellamy.

"Uh what?"