VI. Content

Clarke's POV

I groan as I come to. My first one in seven months. Yay a new record... My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a small hand on my face and I stiffen. The hand disappears and the sensation of the light touch is replaced with a coolness on my lips. I drink eagerly, my throat parched.

"Slow down," a voice says in Trigedasleng. "Don't over do it." I jerk back in surprise and the water falls down my front. My eyes snap open and I stare up at a small freckled face. The girl seems to be about seven or eight with large brown eyes and brown braided hair adorned with a beanie. Radiation burns mark her face but she smiles hopefully at me. "Don't try to sit up yet- you need rest." I nod. "Ai laik Madi kom Trigeda," says the girl. "You had a bad fit."

"Ai laik Clarke kom Skaikru," I respond, my voice raspy. I cough to clear it and Madi brings the canteen of water to my lips again. I drink eagerly, thankful that I wasn't alone for this because I felt as if I just climbed that radio tower again, but fell from the top of it. Madi's eyes widen; "Clarke? Like Clarke the Wanheda?" I wince at the old title and the flash of memories that follow. Madi seems to have noticed my unease with the name because she follows with, "I'm sorry, it's just that I have heard so many stories of the great Wanheda from my nontu (father) and now I'm finally meeting you when we both should be dead."

I smile at the irony of our situation. A small girl and the Commander of Death who both defeated death. "Well Madi," I say, as a struggle to sit up. She rushes to help, dropping the canteen to support me. "I don't know about you, but I'm starved. Want to head home?" She smiles at me before jumping up to collect her things.

//3 months later//

I look up from my perch on top of the Rover, where I've been sitting and sketching in the sun. Madi is gardening, but it's the cool breeze that caught my attention and it appears to have caught hers as well. "Clarke!" she yells happily. "I think it will rain!" I laugh at her enthusiasm but am startled by a boom of thunder. Finally!

Since Madi and I have found each other, she came to live with me at the lab and my patch of green has taken over the island. A small creek has reappeared as well as a lush carpet of grass. We stay in the lab when needed, but we both prefer to camp out in our little oasis. We spend our nights star gazing. I have been teaching her English and we established a schedule that included training, gardening, school.

I hurry off the Rover and drive up to the side of the lab where Madi and I rigged a small overhang shelter; Madi is already there and is dragging out drums to collect the rainwater. I help her with the last few and as soon as we step under the roof, the skies open up to soak the much needed parched ground.

Madi squeals in delight and runs out into the rain, laughing as she quickly becomes soaked. "Be careful my little nightblood," I call in Trigedasleng. "You don't want to catch a cold!"

Madi laughs again as she spins in a cirle, her arms held up to the heavens; "Come on Clarkey! It's soooo nice." I smile at the nickname.

Madi was between my legs, restless as I hurried to finish braiding her hair. 'Clarkey,' she sighs. 'Tell me a story.' 'Clarkey?' I ask with a chuckle. Madi giggles. 'Yeah Clarkey and Madi- best friends forever.' I smile and pull her in for a hug. "So you want a story...."

I run out to join Madi and I gasp as the rain refreshes me, soaking into my clothes and cleansing my skin. Madi laughs at me and I lunge at her. She darts away and picks up a small stick. "Fight me Clarkey," she challenges. I grin madly and search for my own stick, "You're on!"

//A year later//

"Clarkeeee! Jude is like wrecking my room!"

"Am not! Abba started it!"

"Both of you shut up! I am trying to read!"

"We all already read all the books in here, Madi!"

I roll my eyes at the bickering. Jude and Abba came to us a couple months ago, but have already become part of mine and Madi's family. The siblings bicker constantly and always want to play, annoying Madi who feels as if she is too old to play with 5 year olds. Though they are practically six, I remind myself. Both of the twins liked to remind me when I have to discipline them.

Madi had actually found the twins when we had decided to spend a week traveling. I had suggested going to Polis so we tried to dig out the bunker, but did not prevail. Madi had wandered quite a ways and I was only alerted to her find by high pitch scream. I had ran over, frantic to reach her and arrived panting to find her hugging the twins as the cried in delight. How the twins survived three years, I have no idea but both Abba and Jude mention a mysterious Knox every now and again. My best guess is that Knox was another nightblood who took care of them for a few years before he went on a trip and never returned.

I sighed happily, tuning out the bickering as I went back to my sketching. I love my life. We try to follow a strict schedule: schooling for the twins, training for Madi and all three learn simple first aid techniques. Each kid has their set chores to do and the lab was quite spotless, except for the scraps found during expeditions. I rebuilt the Rover with the help of Madi from scraps they found. Jude was quite the little mechanic, though both of the twins were wicked smart. I'm running out of ideas to keep them preoccupied. Maybe Jude can build a Rover from scratch, I muse.

"Clarkey!" Yelled Abba. I flinch.

"What Abba? You didn't need to yell if you were right next to me." I grimace as I held my ear. Abba grinned wildly and leaned closer, her freckled face dirty from who knows what. "It's almost radio time! You said Jude and I could call them today!"

Jude appeared behind his sister, his hands busy tinkering with the metal in his hands. "Clarkey, Abba messed my machine." Though fraternal twins, Jude looked eerily similar to Abba with his mess of freckles and curly hair atop his head. Abba rolled her eyes and brushed her messy red hair out of her eyes, her hands landing on her hips. "Did not," she huffed. "Jude like wrecked my doll home."

I look up from the twins to see Madi enter the main room. "I got the radio ready to go so we are we set?"

I've been calling the Ark for about a year now. Madi had unearthed an old satellite radio from a storage box in the lab. I decided then and there that I would call everyday until someone answered, or they came back. I was desperate to hear my friends voices, to hear their stories. I was beginning to forget them more and more due and my sketches were suffering because of it.

I close my sketchbook and stand. "Alright kiddos, ready to call the Skaikru?"

A/N: Thank you so much for 100+ views! It means so much to me and I still have so much more I want to write with this story :) This is just some fluffy fluff about Clarke's new life after Praimfaya and finding Madi.

Please please leave any comments or ideas that you might have! Also don't forget to vote Xx