Chapter 3

Hi loves, how is it so far? In my own opinion, I think it's kinda boring till now...what do ya'll think?

*1 week later*

Matthew's POV:

"Matt, the new boss is here and asking for all of us to go to his office now." Kyle announced as he pulled me along with the other guys to the office.

"Do you think he will fire us?" He pursed his lips in silent as he stared blankly at the shut door.

"Let's hope that doesn't happens." Knocking on the door firmly, he opened the door as we entered silently. A large man smoking a blunt came into view as he rested his feet up high on the desk.

 A large man smoking a blunt came into view as he rested his feet up high on the desk

How I imagine the guy to look like ^

"Is this all of you?" He said in a gruff voice as he scrutinized all of us. 

"Yes, Sir." Aaron, the staff manager, spoke up making the boss nod as he scanned us from top to toe.

"Then I shall start. From today onwards, I will be your new boss and I strictly mean business. I want money. Those who can't make me money will get fired. If the customers want to get pleased, you please them. The customer wants to fuck, you jolly well let them fuck you. The customer wants a strip show or a lap-dance, you also do it. Any questions?"

"Sir, what about the bands they're wearing? Some have limitations." Kyle spoke up as he pointed at my red band.

"Didn't you hear what I say? If they can't please my customers,  they're fired. Simple." F-Fired? Then where can I ear my money? How am I going to pay off the hospital bills? I can't get fired. The pay at Macdonald's and the supermarket is not enough to cover the bills.

"F-Fired?" I stammered out, tears threatening to fall as the boss gave me a bored look.

"Yes. Fired. So judging by your red band, it means strictly no business. I can let you stay if you're willing to at least satisfy them with whatever they want, no sex needed of course. So, can you?" He stared deep into my eyes as the rest gazed at me. Unable to stand the over-powering feeling, my knees buckled as I fell onto the ground, unable to look up.

"Pathetic. You're fired. Grab all your things if you have any and go. Here's your last paycheck. Anyone else wants to leave too? No? Good. Get back to work." He ordered as everyone scurried off. 

I felt myself getting lifted by Kyle as he carried me into our 'dorm'. Tears flowed down my face freely as I buried my face into his chest, unable to say a single word. All I can think is 'now what?'.

"Shhhh...don't cry Matt. You'll find a better job. I promise." Kyle comforted but I know what he say will not happen. Who will want to hire a 25 year old who dropped out of school at 14?

"I've lost my job and my shelter Kyle. Where am I going to go now?" 

"Here. Take these. These should be enough to rent a small flat for half a year or so." He handed me a stack of fifty quickly making my eyes go wide. No, I cannot accept this. I shook my head swiftly, pushing him the money back.

"I can't accept them."

"Please accept it Matt. You need it more than me now. I still have a shelter and a job. I can make more easily." I shook my head stubbornly. He has a family of 4 to feed. His parents left him and his siblings when he was 18, leaving him alone to feed his 4 younger siblings which are now currently 8-12. 

"Okay, take at least a fifty okay? Please? You're my friend right? Friends help each other when one is in need. So unless you don't consider me as your friend then you don't have to take it." When he says it like that, I feel worse inside. I don't know which feeling is worse. Taking his money or not taking it. Eventually, I gave in and took the fifty from him, clenching my fist around the note tightly.

"Thank you Kyle. Thank you."

"No problems Matt. Take care of yourself kay? Come and find me whenever you need help, I'll be here for you. Oh, take the pillow. He won't realize that it's gone anyway. We have spares in the cupboard." He stuffed the pillow into my arms and took the note from me before sliding it deep into my pants' pocket.

"Thanks for being my friend Kyle. Thank you." He smiled warmly as tears brimmed in his eyes. Pulling me into his warm embrace, I rubbed my head against his chest like a kitten seeking for comfort before pulling away.

"Take care kiddo." Nodding, I walked out onto the streets and to the nearby park. Ah shit. It's snowing. Hopefully there will be some cupboard around. Walking to the back of the supermarket which I work in, I found a large piece of cardboard which can luckily cover my whole body.

Laying the pillow and a smaller piece of cupboard on the cold metal bench, I tucked myself into a fetal position before placing the cupboard over me. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold at night. 

 ~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Dylan's POV:

"Daddyyyy! Pleaseeee! Can we go to the park? It's snowing and I have to check the ducklings to see if they're okay. Please daddy." Caydon has been whining nonstop to go to the park for the past hour since 7 and won't even stop even with Emily trying to trick him with cake, which by the way, is his favorite dessert.

"It's too late, Caydon. I'll bring you tomorrow okay?"

"No daddy. I want to go now! Just let me check on the ducklings. Please? Just 30 minutes?"

"Urgh...fine. Lets go. Grab your coat, gloves and beanie."

"Yeah!" He cheered loudly before dashing out to grab his clothing.

   ~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Where are the ducklings daddy? Why can't I find them?" 

"They went home already Matt. It's late already." 

"Oh...daddy look! Someone is sleeping there!" He pointed in astonishment towards a bench with someone sleeping on it. "We have to help him daddy! What if he freezes?! We have to bring him home!"

"Caydon, we can't bring strangers home. What if they want to be left alone?" He contemplated for a moment before sticking his hand out slightly.

"Can we give him some money? He can buy a hot chocolate to warm him up like how you always make one cup for me when I'm cold." I'm glad he grew up to be a kind-hearted child.

"Okay Matt. Here." I handed him a ten which he gladly took and ran towards the homeless. He lifted the cupboard a little and stared at the person for a while or two before slipping the note under the pillow and covering him back up again.

"He's pretty daddy." He commented once he ran back to me. 

"Pretty?"

"Yeah! But skinny...like Xavier..." He whimpered softly as he wiped off his tears. Xavier was his friend but died from cancer half a year ago. "Do you think he is going to die daddy?"

"Let's hope not. Okay?"

"Okay daddy."

"Let's go home." Picking him up, I hugged him close to me as he kept his eyes focused on the homeless guy until he was out of sight.