Chapter 28

Sorry my loves. As ya'll can see, I am not updating as usual as always. Hope you can pardon me. Also, I'll most probably end this story once I hit 35 chapters as the story is coming to an end. Sorry loves. Forgive me. 🙏

Matthew's POV:

"Matthew...." Sighing deeply, I turned around to see Dylan standing there with crossed arms. Caught...again...

"It's just a laundry basket, Dylan." He shook his head stubbornly as he held his hand out for the basket.

"With clothes. Give it to me." Shaking my head, I spun the wheelchair around to go in the opposite direction as he chased behind me.

"No." He's been like that since the day I  was released. A month of no cooking, no going up or down stairs, no washing, no cleaning, no fetching Caydon, no moving around is making me go nuts. He doesn't even let me go to the toilet alone! It's as if he's treating me like a fully disabled person.

I still can see and move. I'm not in a state where I need help for everything. He even stopped going to work! It's not that I'm not grateful to have him around but this is just too much. I can take care of myself one way or another, I don't need him watching over me 24/7. He has a life and I'm just holding him back from it. I don't want to be a heavier burden than I was before.

"Wait for me Matt!" Dylan hollered as he ran behind me, stopping my wheelchair immediately. Curse his strength. I'm practically glued to the ground with his strong grip.

"Stop trying to run away Matthew. You know you can't go anywhere. Hands up." His words stabbed directly into my heart unconsciously. I don't need him to rub salt into my wounds.

Releasing my grip on the wheels reluctantly, he took the basket away before carrying me up bridal style as he descended down the stairs.

"You don't have to always do these. I can do them myself..."

"I don't have to but I want to and I will do so too." He place me down on the sofa before walking back upstairs to carry both the wheelchair and laundry basket down at the same time with ease.

"I'm not fully disabled. I can take care of myself."

"You can't and you know that well. You need my help." He said simply as he threw the clothes into the washing machine.

"I can Dylan. Maybe not fully but I can do some things by myself."

"Like?" He raised an eyebrow at my words, making me cringe back a little.

"I-I can..."

"Can?"

"How would I know?! You don't let me do anything at all!" He glared sharply at me before punching the wall beside him with fury in his eyes. 

"Because whatever you do will just make you hurt yourself! You almost killed yourself trying to go to the toilet!" He snapped furiously before taking his car keys from the table.

"That was the first day! It's already a month from then!"

"I won't risk you getting hurt again unnecessarily. Anyway, your appointment is in an hours time. I'll go and pick some groceries up before picking you up. Don't anyhow move around." Turning away, be slammed the door shut in my face, leaving me alone in silence.

He hates me...I knew that I was just a burden to him. I knew it... Now that I'm useless, he doesn't want me anymore...I'm a burden to him...an extremely heavy burden...

A nuisance...

I caused him to stop going to work, do all the housework, take care of me 24/7 and most of all, I killed our unborn child...our miracle... I killed his child. A child which he wanted so dearly.

I'm a murderer...our child didn't deserve to die, I did...I do...I deserve to die, not our child. Its better if I had died. Like that, I won't have to live with the guilt of killing our child...my own baby...why didn't I die? Why?

Picking up my phone, I dialled a number quickly, waiting for it to be picked up.

"Hello?"

"Matthew?"

"Please come over quickly before I do something accidentally like killing myself."

"Don't do anything stupid. I'll be there soon."

Dylan's POV:

"Hi boss! How's lady boss doing?" I looked up in shock to find myself in my shop. Since when did I step into the shop?

"He's...better...I guess." Landon raised a brow at my words as if not believing my words.

"Did you two fight?" How did he find out?

"Sort of. How did you know?"

"You're always smiling and blabbering a lot when lady boss is the topic but now, you're not. Did you come out to blow off some steam?" Not really but kinda. It's hard to deal with Matthew when he wants to prove that he's capable of caring for himself.

I can't take my eyes off him for even a second. He'll just do something which can hurt himself. He just doesn't understand the fact that he isn't capable to care for himself yet. He should just accept my help if he wants to get well soon.

"Yeah."

"Oh ya. We're running low on the classic caramels boss. A customer came last week and bought a 300 of them."

"I'll make some caramels now then." At the same time lose some stress on them...

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Done!" Hanging up my apron, a loud gasp left my mouth when I saw the timing. Shit! I was supposed to pick him up for his appointment at 11, it's already 4! Shit!

"Landon, I'm done with the caramels. Just let them cool before you pack them. I'm late already!"

"Don't be so worried Dylan. At least there's someone at home to take care of him...or maybe not...why are you still standing here?! Go!" He's face changed instantaneously at my guilty expression as he pushed me out of the shop quickly.

Dashing down the road, I slammed opened the door to be met by total silence.

"Matthew? Where are you Matthew?!" I shouted at nowhere. Usually, he'll shout back a reply but there's no reply this time. No reply at all.

"Matthew! Where are you Matthew?!" Throwing my unused car keys on the table, a note and Matthew's handphone by the side of the table caught my eye.

A note which sent a thousand and one emotions through me.

I'm done Dylan. Sorry and goodbye.
~Matthew

No...

What have I done?