Chapter 29

* a week later*

Matthew's POV:

"Fine...I'll be there." Carlos groaned loudly as he slammed the phone down.

"Dylan?" He rolled his eyes annoyed before setting a breakfast plate in front of me.

"Who else? He insisted that I meet him no matter what or he'll come over. You owe me one." He said pointedly as he dug into his own breakfast.

"Sorry Carlos. I'll pay you back for this help somehow. Damn...you surely can cook. It's awesome." The melted cheese oozed into my mouth, flooding my tastebuds. This is good.

"Thanks. You can pay me back by being my boyfriend. The offer is still up if you're wondering." Why does these two brothers still want me even though I'm more useless than a kid. Even a kid can cook.

"Sorry but I'll pay you back in some other way." He tsk loudly as he stared deep deep into my eyes with slight annoyance.

"What's so good about that dumbass anyway? I'm much better than him overall and you still like him more than me." He's right.

He may be better than Dylan but the one I love is Dylan. I can never love anyone else other than him. I fell too deeply already. That's why I'm letting him go. He deserves better. He'll find someone else to take my place after a while.

"I'll be going now. You know the drill. See you." Closing the door behind him, I grabbed my finished plate and cutlery and rested them on my thighs before wheeling myself over to the dishwasher.

To be honest, living with Carlos make me feel more independent and usable. Carlos let's me do what I can and only butts in when I call for help. I feel more capable and less inferior. Much more capable and much less useless...

Sorry Dylan...I'm so sorry.

Carlos's POV:

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Sitting down on the chair opposite of him, he stared up at me seriously, revealing a pair of panda eyes. He hasn't been sleeping much...

"Matthew."

"What about him?"

"I know that he's staying at your place. I want to meet him." I flinched a little before collecting myself quickly. How did he know?

"Such crap. Why will he be staying at my place?" He snorted in disbelief as he took out Matthew's phone from his pocket to reveal his chat history.

"Cuz his last call was to you. He forgot to delete his chat history." Or maybe he doesn't know that he can do so as you didn't teach him.

"So what? So what if he's with me? Jealous?" He gave me the 'stop fucking around with me' look, making me shut up.

Groaning deeply, I gave in to his mercy with a bored look. "What do you want me to do?" That question is all that is needed to get a smile out of him.

I better be paid for this...I don't do things for free.

"Can you bring him tomorrow? 6pm at Sky Hotel's rooftop bar." He said enthusiastically making sigh deeply, regretting my words. I'll take my words back now but he'll most probably manhandle me. No thanks.

"Anything else? If not, I'll take my leave now." Putting on my poker face, I threw  him a side look before walking away when he shook his head continuously with a glint in his eye. At least someone is happy.

Driving back home, I opened the door to see Matthew trying to climb up the stairs as he held on tightly to the railings.

"Do you need help?" He shook his head stubbornly as he pulled himself up.

"I'm fine. Ahhh!" He let out a yelp when he lost his grip on the handrail. Sigh...I wonder how Dylan handles him. Sprinting forward, I swooped him up immediately before he can land face-down on the steps.

"You alright?" He stared at me in awe before nodded slowly. What? Is it weird that I have fast reflexes?

"Thanks Carlos. Now I know that you'll make a great chef."

"No problem...why?"

"Your reflexes. They're fast. Your fast reflexes can help you control your actions accurately and save your dishes in the nick of time. Your agility also helps to allow you to do more stunning things especially in dessert making." He complimented as a faint blush appeared on my cheeks. That's the first time someone ever complimented me for my own skills.

"Thanks." Turning away slightly, he gasped lightly as he leaned closer towards me.

"Oh my goodness. Are you blushing?!" He squealed joyfully as he leaned further in to take a closer look. "You are!"

"No."

"That's so cool! I made the scary looking Carlos blush! You're so cute when you blush." He grinned widely as he squashed my face between his palms.

My heart thumped wildly at the contact as I felt myself falling hard. Harder than ever. Is this how it feels to fall in love?

If it's someone else doing that, I would have kicked the person 100 feet underground already but Matthew is different...he's childlike innocence is what makes him so attractive and what makes it him.

"Stop that...it feels funny." He pouted adorably before letting go. "Where were you trying to go just now by the way?"

"Bath..." He said shyly as his cheeks turned pink.

"At 12pm?"

"I stink."

"You don't."

"I...I just wanted to go to the toilet..." I chuckled softly at his easily seen through lie. He can't lie for his sake.

"And you have to go to the one upstairs when there's one on this level?"

"I thought that it's a good opportunity to practice..."

"And get yourself hurt. You could have seriously injured yourself if I wasn't there to catch you." He sighed deeply before giving me the puppy eyes. Damn his puppy eyes.

"Sorry...But you caught me anyway." He grinned playfully making me roll my eyes.

Obviously...I fell too hard for you already...and I have to let you go...it hurts...

For once, it hurts to love...