Chapter 6

QOTD: Where are my fellow readers from? I'm from Singapore :)

Matthew's POV:

"Class, once you're done selecting your item, please go to the cashiers to pay for your items. Understand?" A woman around her forties instructed to a group of children as they listened to her intently.

"Yes Mrs Day!" They chorused in union making her smile.

"Good. Now run along kids. Remember to stay in your pairs!" They cheered, splitting into pairs quickly before rushing down the aisle.

"Class trip?" I asked curiously as she leaned against the railing beside my register.

"Yup. They're learning how to pay for their items and learning to count their correct change." She says proudly as she glanced at me with warm eyes.

"I suppose that you're a teacher from the childcare down the road?"

"Yup! No offence but...what is a student like you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in school? You're 16 right?" She asked hesitantly as she scanned me from top to toe quickly making me chuckle.

"None taken. I'm 25 this year actually." I chuckled when she stared at me with mouth open in disbelief.

"25?! I thought that you're 16! You look so young and student-like! Oops! Sorry sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude."

"It's alright. No worries." I laughed lightly before taking the candy and money from one of the kids once he has chosen what he wanted.

"Here you go love. Here's your change." I handed him a 10 cent and his sweet which he took carefully from me.

"Thank you b-brother." He says shyly before running to his teacher's side.

"You're welcome." He smiled slightly before hiding behind Mrs Day...if I heard correctly...

"Hey Michael, can you call the rest to come and pay now? We have to go back to school already so that your parents can pick you all up on time."

"Okay Mrs Day!" He replied cutely before running back between the shelves calling his friends to come and pay.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Is everyone here already?"

"Yes Mrs Day!"

"Okay! Everyone, let's say thank you to all the cashiers here who've helped you before we go. Okay?"

"Okay Mrs Day. THANK YOU brothers and sisters!" They shouted loudly before walking out of the supermarket in two rows. They're so cute!

"Matt, it's your break time now. I'll take over you today. Misty has taken leave today." John, one of the staff here, announced as he put on his badges.

"Okay. Thanks John." Removing my badges, I saw a little boy looking cluelessly around in fear as he stood alone near the drinks section.

Walking over to him, he looked up in tears as he clenched a box of instant hot chocolate in his little arms. "Hey there buddy. Are you lost?"

"I-I can't find my c-class..." He sniffled as more tears flowed down his rosey cheeks.

"Shhh. Don't cry buddy. I'll take you back to school okay? I know where your childcare is."

"Really?" I nodded as he smiled widely while wiping his tears away with his small fists. Awwww...so cute! "Oh! You're the pretty guy!" He exclaimed suddenly after he wiped his tears away. Pretty guy?

"What do you mean buddy?"

"Did you buy hot chocolate for yourself? I put a note for you to buy yourself a cup of hot chocolate. It was cold and you looked cold. Daddy says that hot chocolate helps to warm one up. I wanted to buy this for you in case you are cold again." He held up the box to me excitedly making my tears fall at his words. That's the first time in the 7 years anyone has ever cared for me. I can't believe my saviour is actually this little angel.