Chapter 7

Dylan's POV:

"How was your shopping trip today? Did you had fun?" I chuckled lightly as he jumped into the seat with a little difficulty this time with the big box of biscuits in his hand.

"It was fun daddy! I bought 2 boxes of strawberry biscuits and I gave one to Matty."

"Matty? Who's that? Is he your new friend?"

"Yup! He brought me back to school!" Wait...he was with a stranger?!

"Matty is not your school friend?!"

"No, silly daddy. He is the pretty guy in the park!"

"Why are you doing with him yourself? Where are your friends and Mrs Day?"

"I told Jason that I went to the toilet but when I came out, they disappeared...then I saw a box of hot chocolate to buy for Matty but he say that he doesn't need it so I bought the biscuits instead."

"You cannot just hang out with a stranger Matt. What if he kidnaps you?"

"He wouldn't. He's my friend. I like him. He's kind..." His lips quivered as tears threatened to fall.

"Okay okay. But don't ever go with strangers ever again. What if I lost you?" He looked down in remorse as he held his box of biscuit tightly into his chest.

"Sorry daddy but Matty is good. I promise." Nodding silently, I drove us to Burger King before we go to my shop. Emily has taken up a full time job recently as a accountant so she isn't able to help me take care of Caydon after his school ended like usual.

"What would you want Matt?"

"Can I have chicken nuggets, cheesy fries and a milo?" I typed his order down quickly into my phone's memo in case I forget what he wants halfway while queuing.

"Sure Matt. Sit here okay?" He nodded obediently before taking out his worksheet and started working on it.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Mentally thanking their fast service, I carried the tray of food over just as Caydon kept his worksheet.

"You've finished?"

"Not really...I don't really know how to do them..."

"It's alright Matt. You can think over them later at the shop okay?" He nodded as he reached for a chicken nugget, which is his favourite.

I thought that he was going to wolf it down like usual from the way he opened his mouth but what surprised me is that he stared weirdly at the nugget before taking a nibble! He never nibbled on a chicken nugget

I thought that he was going to wolf it down like usual from the way he opened his mouth but what surprised me is that he stared weirdly at the nugget before taking a nibble! He never nibbled on a chicken nugget. Like never never never at all.

"What's wrong Matt? Are you unwell? Do you need to see the doctor?"

"I'm okay daddy."

"Then what's the matter son?"