Chapter 15

QOTD: Peanut butter or Nutella? It's peanut butter for me forever ;)

Dylan's POV:

"Dylan, what are you getting for Caydon?" I shrugged lightly as we walked leisurely in the mall hand in hand.

"I'm not sure...what are you thinking of buying for him?" He pondered for a moment before pointing to Popular Bookshop. Books?

"I'm thinking of getting him a series of books. He seems to love reading. I'm not sure what genre though..."

"True. He's been reading since 2 if you include scribbling on them with crayons to be considered as reading too. He loves adventure stories so maybe you can check for those?" His eyes shined with brightness when he finally knew what he's going to get.

"Thanks Dylan! I think I know what I'm getting for him already. Do you know what to get for him yet?" He stared at me in wonder making me sigh.

"I think I'll be roaming around for a while. I'll meet you back here in two hours?"

"Okay sure! I'll see you later then." He beamed widely before bouncing into Popular like a little kid.

Time to go gift shopping I guess...I really hate shopping...

Matthew's POV:

Hmmm...I wonder which author writers good adventure books... Oh! Enid Blyton should be good!

"Oof!" Turning around blindly, I ran smack into a guy, causing both of us to stumble back slightly and books to drop from his arms. "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry Sir."

"I'm fine. You alright?" He collected himself before picking up his books. Cooking books? 10 of them?

"Are all those for yourself?" He stared at his books before shaking his head. Seems like he doesn't talk much.

"No. There are just too many. I don't know which are good so I'm about to ask the staff." He said bluntly as he straightened his suit.

"I can help you if you want."

"You're a chef?" His eyes lit up slightly as he stared at me.

"Not really. I used to work with my mum in our own family eatery so I do help with the cooking and baking."

"Good for you. I've always been interested in culinary." He said stonely as he hugged the books.

"No offence but you look more like a office worker in the suit." He glanced at his clothes before shrugging.

"I can't help it. I don't have a choice. My dad has the greatest say and he wants me to take over his company as I'm the eldest. So I kind of gave up on it. It's stupid anyway." Stupid? How is dreaming to be a chef stupid? It's an amazing dream.

"No it's not stupid! No dreams are ever stupid. You shouldn't give up on your dream. You can't let your dad decide your future. The future is yours, not his. I believe that if you do your best, you can definitely succeed in pursuing your dreams." He stared at me speechless with wide eyes making me gasp in realisation.

Oh shit! I just taught a stranger a life lesson. Shit! His raised his hand out to me making me cower back in fear. He's going to hit me. Bracing for the hit, I shut my eyes tightly only to feel a warm hand on my head soon after.

"Thanks. It's the first time someone told me that." He said in a softer tone compared to his previous ones.

"You're welcome. I just believe that all of us should persue our dreams no matter what. Come, I'll help you to see which are the better ones." He nodded before handing me the books one by one.

"Here. These 4 are sufficient. They cover all the contents of the other 6 books." Handling them over to him, I pick out the Enid Blyton series that caught my eyes while I was sorting the books for the guy.

"Thanks. I've decided." He said shortly before taking his phone out.

"Decided?" He handed me his phone.

"Your number?" Er......my number? Should I give him? He doesn't seem like a bad person though. I don't have a phone though...the housephone should be fine I guess. Typing in the number quickly, I handed it over to him as he scanned it quickly.

"Matthew...I'm Carlos. What do you like?" Huh? Why is he asking me that out of the blue?

"Um...peaches?" I answered hesitantly. Why in the world is he asking me that?

"Peaches...ok. By the way, I like you and I'm going to woo you. Bye." With that, he walked away cooly, leaving me rooted to the spot in daze. Did I just hear correctly? What did he just say? I must be hallucinating.

"Gummy bear?" I snapped out of my daze to see Dylan standing there worriedly. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-No. It's nothing. Just some weird guy. Oh ya, have you decided on what to get for Cade yet?" Not just weird...extremely weird.

"Yeah. I asked them to send it to us on the actual day as it couldn't fit into the car."

"Oh. So I guess we're done here then. I'll go and make payment then we can leave already."

Later that day...

"Delivery for Matthew!"

"Coming!"

"Please sign here and here....these are yours. Have a nice day." The delivery man waved before leaving in his truck.

"What's with those boxes Matt?" Dylan asked curiously as I shrugged in confusion. I don't remember ordering anything.

Opening one of them, I felt like I was going to faint. It's filled with peaches! And I have 30 boxes of them delivered to me! Oh my goodness...

"Who is it from?" I slipped the note out from between the peaches and much to my horror, there wrote:

To the one I like. Enjoy.

                                    ~Carlos

"Carlos..." Sighing in disbelief, I handed Dylan the note.

"Carlos Valentine?! That bastard!" Carlos....Valentine?!

Eric Allen as Carlos Valentine ^