👀 Lost

The ultimate mystery is one's own self.
Sammy Davis, Jr.

Each time dawn appears, the mystery is there in its entirety.
Rene Daumal

CROW HILLS TOWN
SOMEWHERE IN INDUSTRIAL AREA
SATURDAY MORNING
1:30 AM
MR. LARKSON

Mr. Larkson was quiet until they were nearing the warehouse, that's when he decided to talk again, though Terrence noticed he was fidgeting and was constantly looking back.

"You know Ter, I feel like someone has been following us for a while now, but each time I look back, there's no one there. Would you call that paranoia?" Mr. Larkson asked him.

"I don't think that's paranoia, I would call that instinct. And instinct is always almost right, my ma told me that." Terrance answered him. Looking back too, to check if there was indeed someone following them but he didn't notice anyone.

"Say, why do you have to go to this warehouse today, can't you go there another day?" Mr. Larkson inquired.

"Today is the only day I could go, because of the party Sylvester is throwing, it gives me an opportunity to inform my parents I would go there." He answered.

"But you are not at the party now, what if your parents decide to check on you at the party and they can't find you?" Mr. Larkson asked, stopping to look at Terrence in mock surprise.

"I surely hope not, but if they did, I have Lao to back me up that I was at the party, also my sister was there with me before I left, so if by chance they show up at the party both of them would back me up that I was there." Terrence replied, looking at Mr. Larkson, Terrence noticed he usually played with a ring on his left hand whenever he was anxious or eager about something. Terrence wondered why Mr. Larkson would be anxious or eager.

"So this person you are meeting is a boy right?" Mr. Larkson asked stopping suddenly to looked at him.

"Yes, I just met him on a friend finder site. We have been talking for a while now but we are just meeting today, and am really eager to see him." Terrance answered, but he was bothered with the way Mr. Larkson was questioning him and Terrence feels his attitude was off.

"Terrance boy, and you claimed you don't like boys, why would you be meeting up with one if you don't like him?" Mr. Larkson asked again laughing at the end of his question.

"I don't like boys Mr. Larkson, I am straight like a pole. The person I am meeting is a friend who has a lot in common with me. The fact that I'm meeting him does not imply I'm dating him." Terrence answered Mr. Larkson taking a step back from him.

He was really bothered with Mr. Larkson's attitude but Terrence summed it up to one of his weird moments when he would become bipolar, Terrence shrugged his shoulder and decided to start walking again.

"I hear you, don't worry I won't tell anyone about your secret, your secret is safe with me. Also, I will wait for you outside the warehouse so I don't interrupt anything." Mr. Larkson said and continued walking alongside him.

Terrence could see the warehouse already, he was eager to get this over with, he felt as sweat started to form on his palm, a sure sign that he was anxious for the outcome of the meeting.

Walking faster which left Mr. Larkson behind, Terrence entered the warehouse. He could hear the distinct voice of Mr. Larkson saying that he would wait for him so they could both go back together and how it would be dangerous for Terrence to walk alone at night.