👀Inbetween

The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.
Unknown

Nothing whets the intelligence more than a passionate suspicion, nothing develops all the faculties of an immature mind more than a trail running away into the dark.
Unknown

CROW HILL TOWN
MONDAY
EARLY MORNING
POLICE STATION

The sheriff was busy stacking all the evidence result, he had read and re-read it, yet he could not make sense out of it. There were two people the evidence was pointing towards, the first he could understand but the second and main suspect of the murder, he just couldn't make sense if it.

The black police woman poked her head into his office and said quietly, "Sheriff we are ready for you." With her voice distracting him from his musing.

He stood up, picking up the evidence file, he walked out of the room, following the other officer entering the evidence room. He walked to the front and cleared his throat to get the attention of all the other police officers.

"As you all know the evidence concerning the muder of John Joseph and Sylvester Otis just came in this morning." He started, looking at the faces of all the police officers as if for effect.

"Before we begin, I must warn you that none of this can leak to the news reporter yet, because one of the suspect is a minor and it could affect our community, ruining the reputation of the town if this gets in the the wrong hands." He continued, "officer Firsk, please put this up on the board" he said to the black police officer.

"A sweater belonging to Terrance James was found at the scene, the reason why this teen is deemed our first and primary suspect is because of the blood found on his sweater. The blood which matched the blood of both murder victims. It was noticed that only his print off the sweater was there. Also there was some of his foot print at the scene too but apart from all these, there was none of his print on the bodies. A ring was found at the scene, which after thorough check it was matched with Mr. Larkson, he is not considered as a primary suspect because the ring was found at 100m away from the scene of the murder. Though he would be brought in for questioning." The sheriff stopped talking again.

One of the officers raised up his hand to ask a question, "sir is there any other evidence that ties Terrance James to the murder apart from the cloth with blood on it?"

"There was residue hair in the nails of the Sylvester Otis, the match for the hair is yet to come out but we assume it could belong to Terrance James." The sheriff answered.

"Are there any other questions?" The sheriff asked, but none of the officers had one.

"Alright, officer Firsk, go along with another officer and arrest Terrance James, we have 24 hours to interrogate him and get to the bottom of this issue. Let's hope he confesses soon and this issue be solved quickly, I don't want the FBI poking into my town's business." The sheriff said, dismissing all the officers.

CROW HILL TOWN
MONDAY
MORNING
THE JAMES HOME