03

Sara moved forward again, wrapping her arms around Callie tightly in a hug. The rest of the team watched on confused as Callie also wrapped her arms around the girl, for they had never really seen her accept or give such a display of affection to someone.

Sara pulled back, resting her hands on either side of Callie's face. "That was for thinking I'd hate you for not being able to save her," she explained lightly, commenting on the stupidity of it.

Callie grinned again, not saying anything but following the girl back to the ship.

//.//

"I'm sorry, but so far I haven't been able to detect any historical alteration that would indicate Mr. Hunter was stranded in a time." Nate explained as they all stood around the control panel in the main bridge of the ship.

Callie had placed the boy and arrow back in the armoury, catching Sara up on everything that had happened since she last visited them all. The two girls stood side by side, and the rest of the team would have been lying if they said it wasn't intimidating to see.

"Uh, why don't we ask Gideon where he is?" Ray suggested, so simple that Nate was confused as to why he hadn't thought of it - until he realised he didn't know of a Gideon.

"Who's Gideon?" Nate asked, looking around them all confused.

"Greetings, Dr. Heywood. I am the ship's artificial consciousness." A holographic image of a woman's head appeared on the table in front of him, and he surprisingly found himself not surprised by this.

Sara noticed the slight twitch in Callie's fingers as she tried to adjust to everything that was happening. Subtly grabbing on to the girl's hand below the table, she felt Callie relax at the comfort of her friend.

"Gideon, we need you to tell us where Rip is." Sara exclaimed, glad to see the hologram.

"I'm afraid I have no idea, but I would be happy to play his final message for you all." Gideon echoed, and they all shared confused looks.

"Final message?" Jax asked, not sure what that was supposed to mean. They all spun around to face the captains office as a holographic image of Rip appeared at the door way.

"Sorry for stranding you all throughout history, but it was the only way to save you. Well, you know what they say, Captain must never abandon his ship. Well, neither shall I abandon hope of seeing you all again someday, somewhere in time. As flawed and unruly as you are individually, together you are the best crew, the best team a captain could ever hope for. So... stick together. And remember, history is yours now, my dear Legends. Good luck."

//.//

As they sent Martin, Nate and Mick off to make a slight change in the history of the planet, Sara found Callie in the spare room that she would be staying in while they embarked on their travels. The raven haired girl was looking at her phone, staring at a picture of Tommy and Laurel.

She was aware of Sara entering the room behind her, but didn't acknowledge her until she sat down on the bed beside her.

"He'd be proud of you," Sara spoke, knowing that Callie would never truly be able to get over the death of her twin brother. Sure, they had drifted when Callie had moved away to join the league of assassins, but they had an unconditional love.

Callie hummed in relief, before looking at Sara beside her. "She was so proud of you," Callie recalled, watching as Sara's eyes welled up slightly. They both hugged, inhaling in each other's scent before Jax burst in, informing them that the others were heading back.