22

"Gideon?" Jax asked, staring up at the metal ceiling as he lay in his bed.

"Yes Mr Jackson?"

"Remind me to tell Sara I'm moving my room away from hers. And also remind her that not all the walls here are soundproof."

//.//

Callie groaned as Sara rolled off her as they heard another bang echo down the corridors of the ship. Both girls sat up, dropping their weapons as they grabbed on to the towels that had been sitting at the side of the training mat.

It had been a while since they had been able to work on their league techniques but since their confession it was rare for the team to find them apart from each other, whether it was even just eating breakfast together or sitting in silence in the captains office while Sara plotted and Callie read, they were yet to be seen apart.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Sara yelled after they joined Jax who was also heading to determine the source of the noise problem. Callie would of loved to say that she was surprised to find Nate and Ray causing it, but she wasn't.

"Uh, s... sparring?" Nate decided, although he was seemingly unsure of actually wanting to admit to it.

"Yeah, he's helping me calibrate the new suit!" Ray was more enthusiastic, clearly not thinking about what he had done the last time they were there.

"Last time y'all decided to spar, you wrecked my cargo bay!" Jax argued back, pointing out that they had literally been faced with diving through time and space to try to actually find them. The boys humbly groaned as Sara, Callie and Jax began to move away.

They laughed, continuing to fight as Sara poked her head back around the corner of the room.

"Hey! Don't make me come down here again!"

Callie began to drag her away when they heard the two mimicking the three of them from inside the cargo bay. Callie titled her head slightly as she thought about the men thinking that they were able to make fun of her without her involvement.

"Don't you make me come down here again. I'm gonna come down here again, I'm watching you!"

"Hey!" Callie yelled, walking in and causing them both to jump backwards with their hands in the air. Nate jumped considerably more than Ray as he was certainly more afraid of the girl than he cared to admit, causing him to stumble backwards and fall over one of the weapon boxes that littered the area.

"What is going on with them?" Jax asked the two assassins as they headed back to the bridge, fed up of trying to make the scientist and historian try to come to their senses.

"You don't have any brothers or sisters, do you?" Sara asked Jax with a slight chuckle as she recognised the behaviour between the men so clearly. It was something that she had witnessed before - in Oliver and Thea, Callie and Tommy and even in herself and Laurel.

"Nope."

"Sibling rivalry," Callie informed Jax, a small tug at her heart as she thought about how her and Tommy used to argue like crazy just due to their rivalry. It was something that she would always cherish.

"Nothing to be too worried about," Sara decided, before a loud smash interrupted their thoughts. The three all sighed as they thought about having to fix the cargo bay again.

"This is why I'm glad I'm an only child."

___

"I think I need to go home."

The words didn't surprise Sara, she had known that they would be coming soon. While the Waverider had grown to be a home for her, it would never really be Callie's home. Sara turned to look at the girl, seeing the way she was twiddling her fingers around each other - something she only really did when she was extremely nervous.