12

"Let go of me Mick!" Callie yelled as a strong arm grabbed her around the waist and tugged her backwards, missing the attack that one of the guards had aimed for her.

"Can't do that, short stack!" Mick grumbled as he dragged her backwards, Sara realising that this certainly was no longer the place to attack the man without getting the rest of the team killed. Callie was not accepting this, red clouding her vision as the memory of him stabbing Laurel played through her eyes as she saw him for the first time since 2016.

"We gonna fight or leave?" Mick asks Sara, but Ray answered instead as he lifts the cold gun.

"Fight." He shoots the gun, watching as Mick mirrors him with the heat wave.

Callie was pushed into Sara's arms by Mick as the blonde assassin tried to drag the girl away from Darhk. The raven haired girl was not for backing down, so Sara muttered an apology before delivering a blow to the back of her head and knocking her unconscious.

__________

"We interrupt this broadcast with breaking news: Chaos in the capital. Just a day before President Reagan is set to welcome General Secretary Gorbachev to the White House to sign the INF Treaty, a White House tour ends in violence and what witnesses describe as "a rocket man." Was this an act of terrorism..."

"Please, turn it off, Gideon. I can't bear it. So your thirst for vengeances nearly landed the entire team in prison," Stein snapped, looking at Callie and Sara who were leaning against the holographic table in the middle of the room and refusing to make eye contact with the rest of the team.

"I guess it's only okay to change history if it suits your personal vendettas," Jax scorned, being taken back to only that morning when Sara refused to let him change bad moments in time.

Callie went to speak but she was cut off by Stein. "Not to mention you still have some uncontrollable thirst for death that we weren't warned about!" He yelled, directing the end of the sentence towards their captain.

"Wasn't all Blondie's fault. Haircut screwed up as well," Mick snarled, taking the heat off Sara and Callie too. He knew that they had more personal reasons for screwing up than Ray did.

Ray scoffed indignantly, something that didn't surprise Callie. The man had grown up as an only child who was lacking social skills, so she knew he wouldn't be able to see the fault in his own actions. 

"Wha... If you would just let me tinker with the cold gun, I told you I could figure out the whole crossing the streams problem!" Ray yelled, but Mick wasn't having any of the genius's excuses. 

"There's nothing wrong with the cold gun. It's you, you goof!"

"The bigger question is: Why did Damien Darhk become an advisor to Reagan's White House on the eve of a nuclear treaty with the USSR?" Ray changed the subject, knowing that if he was to continue the argument with the look Callie was giving him there wouldn't be a Ray to ask the rational questions later on.

"If his involvement with the Nazis in 1942 is any indication, he's working with our time traveling nemesis."

There was a moment of silence before Sara spoke up for the first time.

"It's the same person who killed Hourman." She muttered, setting Callie off immediately.

"Amaya needs to hear about this." The raven haired girl responded, a hint of a snarl present on her lips.

"So she can also lose focus, risking everything in a selfish pursuit of revenge?" Stein yelled, his eyes shooting back to glare at Callie and Sara as he thought about them blowing their cover at the White House.