39

"Well, we cease to exist. Because we never would have existed if the Legion hadn't gotten the Spear."

"You're saying we're the Aberrations."

"In order to save the world, we have to erase ourselves."

//.//

Callie sat against the wall as she watched her team - or what was left of it - discuss what happened now, especially as the blood of christ was destroyed again and now Ray was also dead. Pulling her knees into her chest, Callie rested her only arm on them as she tried to process everything that was happening to them.

"So what? Haircut said it himself, we're all Aberrations living on borrowed time. Besides, he's alive and well in 1916," Mick interrupted their self-pity session, walking into the captains office with his familiar beer clutched in his grasp. Ignoring the small looks of confusion he received from the rest of the team, the man subtly reached down to where Callie was on the floor and passed her a second bottle he had been carrying.

The girl smiled softly, taking the already opened bottle from him and placing the cold opening to her lips. She closed her eyes softly for a moment as she felt the liquid trail down her body and opened them once she had regained some feeling of normalcy.

"Mick's right. The mission hasn't changed," Sara told them all, her hand brushing past Callie's shoulder as she moved around the girl and to address the whole team. Her fake nurse outfit was still on, and Callie found herself almost grimacing at the memories it brought back.

"Except we can't destroy the Spear because we don't have the Blood of Christ," Nate pointed out, his shaggy hair reminding Callie of just what they had all been through since they last found themselves in 1916. The girl moved to her feet - with a struggle - before she looked around the room with a new found confidence.

"So we steal the spear and get it out of 1916."

The whole team turned to look at her in surprise. Callie had barely spoke three words let alone make any of the team decisions since they had gotten her back to a healthy status. Sara smiled softly, clicking with her tongue and pointing at Callie to show that she agreed.

"Now, you do realize that there's a big problem with that plan, Sara, Callie," Rip started, his eyes narrowed as he studied the two girls. "The other us's have the Spear."

Mick snorted from where he stood beside Callie, causing the raven-haired girl to hide a grin that appeared on her face. "Oh, never stolen anything from myself before. Could be interesting," the man informed them all, a small smirk twitching at the edge of his lips.

"Ugh, need I remind you that we cannot interact with ourselves!" Rip argued, not liking that all the rules about time and space travel were about to be broken. The consequences of their actions should they run into themselves would be catabolic.

"Which is why the three of you are gonna sneak into the other Waverider while the other you's are at the church," Sara finalised, everyone looking excitedly between each other as they saw that there was a chance they would finally be able to pull their plan off without any hitch.

"Now that?" Jax said, speaking for the first time as he looked around at the rest of the crew. "That sounds like a plan."

"I suggest you hurry. Events are already in motion. Mr. Rory's earlier self is currently being contacted by Mr. Snart."

"Well, we all know how that turned out," Callie muttered, ignoring the glare she received from Sara as the blonde moved to snatch the beer out of her hand. Turning to Rip and Nate, Callie was glad to know they were both on the same wavelength as she was.