05

"I guess that's your way of saying thanks." Mick joked, knowing there would be no thank you for having helped out the JSA in 1942.

"Right, well, I think it's time we got out of 1942. This was fun." Sara said, laughing slightly at her own joke. Callie rolled her eyes; something she was doing more on this small trip so far than she ever had in her life.

"It was unusual." Rex agreed, leaving the ship with the rest of his team.

Sara turned to face Callie, a grin on her face. "As for you, I think we better get cooking."

//.//

Callie sat on the edge of the table in the bridge, watching as Sara steered the time ship through the dimensions of time. The raven-haired girl had always enjoyed watching Sara focus on something as she found it calming how deeply into things she got.

Sara had felt Callie's eyes on her for almost half an hour before she gave in, pushing up on the restraints around her shoulder.

"Gideon, can you pilot for a little bit? I need a break," Sara yelled out to the AI, moving away from the captains chair.

Just before she turned around, Callie was smacked across the head - knocking her straight to the cold floor. Sara heard the thump, spinning around but only to be also smacked in the head too. The blonde fell down beside Callie, both out cold.

Amaya stood, looking down at them in disgust as she sighed a breath.

//.//

When the assassins came back to reality, they were more than surprised to see Nate turning from being fully coated in some sort of metal back to his usual self. Callie's mouth opened and closed a few times, not being able to find any words from her mouth that would even be remotely useful.

Following the rest of the team into the captains bay, she slumped down into the armchair. Sara smiled slightly at her as she rest on the arm of the seat.

"You injected me with Nazi serum?" Nate yelled at Ray, not happy about this sudden change in him. Callie scoffed, ignoring the silencing look Sara shot at her.

"Dude, he saved your life," she added, causing them all to pause for a second as they realised what she was saying was accurate.

"Which I'd redesigned to quintuple my own strength and transform my skin into an alloy a hundred times stronger than steel," Ray explained, now understanding why Nate had just turned into a chunk of metal before their very eyes.

"Steel, that's a cool name," Mick grunted, thinking about how that made more sense than White Canary or Falcon.

"Yeah, especially since my grandfather was called Commander Steel. But what does that make me? Corporal Steel? Mr. Steel? Citizen Steel?" Nate rambled, causing them all to shrug at how excited he was getting by the fact his DNA would be forever altered.

"Who cares? You got superpowers now, dude!" Jax exclaimed, grinning at the man standing across to room from him.

"Except I don't know how I turned to steel in the first place." Nate pointed out, finding it almost useless now.

"Ray'll teach you." Sara decided in the silence, a smirk on her lips. Callie grinned too, glad neither of them were going to be in charge of it - and that meant one thing to Callie: her and Sara could use the spare time to train just like they used to do.

"He will?" Ray squeaked, not liking this sudden concept that had arisen.

"You said it yourself, you redesigned the serum." Callie added, backing up Sara as they both moved off the armchair in synchrony. Everyone eyed the two, forgetting that they had been close in Sara's past before Ray continued his argument as to not train Nate.