38

"No, we are not supposed to change events we participated in and if we do, we risk time folding in on itself!" Jax reminded her, but one look at Callie on the couch had him rethinking his decision. The girl needed them more than ever. Any thoughts of breaking time suddenly flew out of his head, knowing that it would be worth it for her.

"Even if we weren't worried about messing with time, we can't go anywhere or anywhen. We don't even know where the Waverider is." Ray pointed out, not disagreeing with Sara's idea but simply pointing out the flaw. "If it even exists in this reality."

"Well, if it does, there's one person who knows where it is. We just have to find him." There was a pause before Sara let the two words fall from her lips. "For Amaya."

//.//

"Any luck?" Sara asked Jax, sitting beside Callie as she placed a cold cloth against her head. The Merlyn girl was only getting more uncomfortable as time went on, and the pain was becoming more unbearable too. She was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness, her body barely running due to the blood loss she had just suffered. While Mick sealing her wound had stopped any further loss, she could already feel the infection that was beginning to happen on the wound.

"You asked me that five minutes ago," Jax said, slightly annoyed but one look at Callie made him soften his voice slightly. "You know, it's not easy trying to get a 21st century radio to communicate with a 22nd century time ship."

Sara nodded, accepting his answer as she turned in her seat to look at Mick. The man was examining his gun for any damage that might have been caused during the shuffle back at Starlabs, but he was mostly trying to keep his head wrapped around everything that was happening because of him.

"Thawne never told you what he did with Rip?" Sara asked him, her eyes narrowed as she looked at the man. While she knew he had done what he thought was best, she couldn't help but feel slight anger at him for getting them all into this situation. Especially now that one of their dead was dead, another was never going to see them again and one had lost a limb.

"No, we weren't close like that."

Everyone fell back into a tense silence as Jax and Ray continued to try and work out exactly what had happened to Rip. Callie's soft groans could be heard from the couch and Sara turned to look at Nate as he took over with the cloth against the girl's head.

"How you holding up?"

"Better than Amaya," Nate grumbled, trying not to think about what had happened to his unofficial girlfriend only hours before. He moved the damp cloth into his other hand, pushing a few loose strands of hair away from Callie's face.

"I never knew about you guys," Sara muttered, a sympathetic look on her face as she looked down at the man. She had known what it was like to lose someone you loved, and she couldn't even begin to imagine what she would do if she lost her father or Callie.

"It's nothing to know. We were just, you know, figuring it out."

"I figured it out!" Ray interrupted, a grin breaking across his face as he turned to look at Jax. "We've been assuming that Waverider's broadcasting - using a quantum frequency, but..."

"But only if the quad band antenna array was in alignment. Ray, you are a genius!"

Everyone else shared confused looks as the two engineers bantered between each other. Sara stood up from where she was crouched beside Callie and walked back over to the two men. She was Callie's girlfriend, but she was also this team's captain.

"So can you communicate with Rip or what?"

"Sara? Sara, is that you?"

"Good job, guys. Good job."