19

"Are you sure you prefer girls?" Laurel joked to ease Sara's sudden tenseness that the man had brought upon her.

Sara's words caught in her throat as she caught sight of Callie in that red dress again, her head tilted back as she laughed at something Moira Queen had said to her.

"Oh believe me, I'm sure."

//.//

Callie stood with Thea as they spoke with her father.

"It's too bad Tommy couldn't make it, though," Thea noted, Callie nodding at the thought.

"He's so busy, but it just means the reunion when he finally takes his holidays will be spectacular," Callie admitted, her heart again longing for her brother. Something wasn't sitting right in her chest as she spoke about him, but she chose to ignore whatever her issue was.

"Well, they've got him working triple shifts at the hospital these days. Besides, Chicago isn't exactly next door," Merlyn realistically pointed out, passing Callie another glass of champagne as he looked at his two daughters - even if Thea didn't know they were related.

"I can't believe he's a doctor now!" Thea exclaimed, and Callie muttered in agreement.

"Well, he says the same thing about you, miss entrepreneur."

"Yeah, I don't think running Verdant makes me an entrepreneur."

"No, but it makes you successful. Your father should be very proud of the woman you've grown into!"

Callie went to reply when there was a tug on her arm and she found Sara standing beside her. Callie excused herself from the conversation but found herself frowning as she studied the clothing that Sara was wearing.

"Why aren't you in your dress?" Callie interrogated as she motioned to the bridesmaid dress she currently was wearing. Sara grabbed her hands and held them tight as she looked the girl in the eyes.

"Callie, there's something terribly wrong with everything," she started as she looked at the girl. "I keep having these memory flashes that I don't remember happening!"

Callie paused before she thought about the moment only the day before that she had spoken to her brother on the phone, a vision of his grave passing before her eyes. "I think my brother is dead," she agreed, causing Sara to run her hand through her hair and take a breath.

"Oliver thinks we're in a shared hallucination, I suddenly knew some sort of martial art, there was a battle I think?" Sara rambled, and Callie took a deep breath as the memory of a mind-controlled Sara stabbing her in the shoulder blurred past her eyes.

"Six of us!" Callie exclaimed and Sara frantically nodded.

Callie quickly stripped back into some normal clothes as they all rushed to where they had agreed to meet outside in the quad.

"Have you explained to Ray what we have to do?"

"Yeah. Apparently, we have to get to an office tower that my non-fiancée doesn't own, which is a little strange. All that coming from a guy who's been having memories that he's able to shrink," Ray rambled, and Callie felt the familiarity of this in her chest as he did so.

"Well, whatever we're doing, we have to do it fast because whatever the Dominators have done to us, they would have built in safeguards. They're probably manifestations from our memories designed to keep us here," Oliver explained, shouting as an arrow shot through the air and slammed into his shoulder. They all gasped before they turned to see various figures facing them.