16

It was near 8 pm and it was the end of my shift. I walked to the locker rooms, changing out of my uniform and back into my sweatshirt and jeans. I slung my pink backpack across my shoulder as I exited out the back door, and into my car.

I started my engine, and as soon as I began driving I was getting an incoming phone call from Yoongi. I turned on the bluetooth while picking up the call, which is a great way to multi task.

"What's up Yoongi?" I answered, backing up the car as I was being aware of my surroundings. 

"How was work?" he asked.

"Tiring, but I'll live with it," I replied, switching the joystick back to drive forward.

"Hey, since it's your first day of work, I decided to surprise you," he chorused, grabbing my attention and making me wonder what my older brother had planned.

"Really? Wah, you better not disappoint me oppa," I teased, earning a cute Yoongi chuckle. 

"You wanna know what it is? I'm sure you'll love it,"

"Mmhmmm!" I cheered as I began driving on the road.

"I did your homework for you, in your neat handwriting. And also, mom's out of the house, so you can go and stroll around outside," I could just picture his gummy smile as he was doing something nice for me.

"Jinjja!!?? Gomawo oppa!!" I exclaimed, trying to show my gratitude and happiness all at once. 

(The translation would be: Really!!?? Thanks oppa!!)

The truth is...mom lets me go out anytime, which made it a bit funny that he was giving me this "privilege." But, coming from Yoongi, it's a great gift. Plus, I don't have to do my homework...at least for tonight. 

"Sure dongsaeng, just make sure to be back by ten and also don't go flirting with guys. Oh, and also, look left and right when crossing the streets, and be careful of anyone suspicious. Late at night, there's always a lot of perv-"

"Oppa! I'm fine!" I chuckled. He's such an overprotective brother. 

"Ah...well alright. Be safe,"

"Bye oppa!!!" I sang as I ended the call. 

Now...let's go take a nice walk on in favorite area of town. 

---

There were so many people crowding the streets. Even though it was night time, the streets were so bright with all the neon signs. 

I watched everyone who passed me, smiling with their dates, friends, and family. I was alone, but I didn't mind that much. I continued on with my way. 

---

By now it was already 9 pm, and it started to get cold. My bubble gum pink hoodie and ripped black jeans seemed to not be enough to keep me warm. I decided to go to a cafe and get a hot chocolate. 

Waiting in the large line, I was scrolling through my photos when I saw my old photos.