40

I was peacefully sleeping on my warm bed, engraved in my rest, when suddenly I felt a rapid shaking of my body. Bothered, I opened my eyes, revealing my mother and Jungkook.

"Yoonhee!" My mother exclaimed while embracing me, almost bursting into tears.

My eyes grew wide. "Huh!? What's happening?"

My mother stroked my hair. "Sweetie...Jungkook came running to our house and showed me something horrible..."

Jungkook took his phone out of his pocket, revealing an article that had gone viral.

[BREAKING:] A MURDERER BY THE NAME OF MIN YOONGI ESCAPED PRISON AND IS ON THE LOSE, RUMORED TO BE GOING BACK FOR REVENGE

I almost burst into tears.

"Eomma~~" I cried in my mother's embrace, unaware of what would happen next. "What do we d-do?"

She broke the hug, cupping my cheeks in her palm and made serious eye contact.

"I'm sending you and Jungkook off to China together. It's the only way to protect you," she spoke, making me jump out of surprise.

"WHAT!? EOMMA!? WHAT ABOUT YOU!?" I yelled.

"I have to stay here to work," she almost began crying, too. My mother pulled Jungkook towards me, and locked our hands together. "Please...promise me that you two will stay safe."

Jungkook and I nodded simultaneously.

"Currently as we're speaking,  Jungkook's parents are packing his belongings and booking you two the quickest flight to China," she told us. "Now...there's no time to waste. We have to start packing your items, too."

She quickly wiped away her stray tears, pulled me out of bed, and the three of us began shoving as many clothes and valuables in my suitcases as possible."

---

(On the plane)

"Jungkook...I'm scared," I spoke, burying my face into Jungkook's chest as we were about to take off.

I wasn't afraid of planes. I was afraid of our future.

"Shh~" he comforted, stroking my back soothingly. "We can't be scared in times like this."

"But what will happen to Jimin?" Was the first thing I asked. Yet there were so many other things running through my head, Jimin was the main one on my mind.

"He told me that his family is immediately evacuating to Japan, since they have relatives already living there," Jungkook answered.

"And what about the fact that we can't speak Mandarin? How will we get around? How will we graduate high school? Where will we live?" I kept bombarding the poor boy next to me. He sighed.

"Don't worry, I know how to speak enough Mandarin to survive," he said. "Also, we'll just stay at a hotel until the coast is clear. We won't be staying in China forever, anyway. Only until Yoongi is safely secured and not a threat anymore."

Thank goodness, Jungkook's words calmed me down. I was now much more peaceful than five minutes ago.

"Really...though...how did he escape PRISON!? I thought that was only in the movies?" Jungkook gawked in awe.

"I don't know," I softly muttered, still in his chest. Maybe there's only one logical answer to this question.

Min Yoongi, genius.

---

Jungkook was currently speaking some random unfamiliar sounding words to the a hotel concierge.