Chapter 1

3rd person
Rain poured down as a young woman made her way down the busy streets of New York. The small bundle in her arms slept soundly unaware of the danger that lays ahead of him.

Please let him live, please let him be ok, these were the only thought that went through the mothers head as she made her way towards the sea hoping that her king would save them.

Lightning touched down to earth only striking a few feet away from the duo. Sally Jackson's blue eyes widened in fear, fear for the two month old Percy Jackson in her arms. He couldn't die now she thought, he still had his whole life ahead of him. She then turned to the ocean putting all her energy into a final sprint to the sea, to her saver, to her hope. A wave reached towards the mother and son trying to save its King's lover and child but was to late, only being able to wrap around the young infant in her arms as lightning came down on the mother's fragile mortal body.

Within seconds Poseidon walked to the scene with tears flowing freely down his face, bending down to pick up the now whaling child and placed a soft kiss on the crown of his head. Turning around the ruler of the seas took one last look at his mortal queen, her body laying charred and almost unrecognizable in the wet sand. The sight made him want to throw up. Zeus was truly a monster for the devastating acts he had committed against the Jackson family. With a flick of his wrist her body turned into ashes and was carried off in the wind, spreading in the near by water. Poseidon stood still feet anchored in the sand, closing his eyes and bowing his head.

Poseidon would have to remember to pay both of his brothers a visit, one to ask for a favor and the other to strangle. The ruler of the sea looked down at his sleeping prince and then vanished, vapor traveling to his kingdom.

Ok this is my first fan fiction and I do not own the Percy Jackson series that right goes to Rick Riordan