twenty two

[five voicemails and a black eye]

A/N: I realize that this may sound weird, but if you guys could, leave me some comments as you read or after just bc it helps me on how im doing on this story (: plus my fav thing to do is read all of them

ps i changed the cover of the book and i like it a lot more. let me know what you think (:

-

Saturday 7:39 am

Vilde's loud snores woke me up, and after adjusting to the light pouring into the room from the window, I saw that everyone else was still asleep. I propped myself up with my two elbows, and realized that the six of us were all squeezed onto Eva's bed. I don't know how the hell we managed to fit, but we did.

I carefully got off the bed, trying my very best not to wake them up. Making my way to the bathroom and freshened up, and then sat in the living room. Pulling out my phone, I found that it was dead. I searched for a charger, panicking a little that my mom had left me messages even though I told her where I was.

With my phone now plugged in, I went over to Eva's kitchen and made myself some coffee. By the time it was done, my phone was back on and I looked to see I had a message from my mom and 5 voicemails and 9 missed calls from Chris. I felt like I was going to throw up. I pulled up my messages with my mom.

Mom: good morning Sas. just wondering when you'll be home? Mila is at a friends place staying the night and I'm working the evening shift tonight. Keys are under the mat.

Saskia: morning. not too sure when i'll be home but i'll keep u updated. love you

I put down my phone, not knowing what to do. I knew I didn't want to talk about this with the girls. Reluctantly, I picked up my phone and went to my voicemails. Although I didn't want to do this, I knew I had to.

First voicemail:

"Sassie. Sas. Saaaaaskia. Why wont you answer me?"

He was drunk.

Second voicemail:

"Hey, shhhhh listen to me Sas. Where did you go?"

Third voicemail:

"Saskia, you gotta talk to me. I'm going insaneee without you."

Fourth voicemail:

"Don't tell Saskia, but she just does this thing to me. She gets in my head. She is always on my mind and I can't focus on anything but her. This never happens to me. I don't tie myself to one girl. I'm Christoffer fucking Schistad and she-she is Saskia Lovik and I need her to be mine. I hate this feeling she gives me, but I can't ever hate her."

Fifth voicemail:

"Sas, I-I need-"

The line cut, and I knew something wasn't right.

"Chris! Chris! William, the Yakuza boys came back-Fuck I'm gonna beat your-"

The voicemail ended.

Shit.

He wasn't okay. Something had happened to him. Dropping my mug on the ground, glass shattered, and I ran to the bedroom. The five girls were still sound asleep. I shook Noora awake, feeling helpless and wondering if Chris was okay. Noora shot up from the bed, waking the other girls with her.