Chapter 5- Somebody That I Used To Know

(Chapter 5- Somebody That I Used To Know)

I yawned and turned over on my couch only to realize I wasn’t really there. My ceiling didn’t have the design and it certainly wasn’t this nice. I quickly sat up in alarm and took a look around the room, or should I say airplane. How in the hell did I get here? This made no sense.

The last thing I remember was taking a shower, eating my lasagna and Doing my homework before falling asle- That’s it, now I remember! I fell asleep on the couch but I felt weird before I did. Almost like someone slipped something into my food or drink but the only person who was there was- “Chase.” I screamed not caring that we were on a plane.

He stood from a seat that I could only see the back of walked over to me. I sent him a glare the entire way. He sure as hell had a lot of explaining to do.

“What am I doing here?” I seethed.

“I told you, you were coming with me.” He said.

I stood from my spot and looked him strait in the eyes. “And I told you I wasn’t going.”

“Look, I had to go back and I couldn’t just leave you.” He explained. “What did you want me to do?”

Unbelievable! He is so…Ugh. He just doesn’t get it. You don’t just put people to sleep and Kidnap them. That’s illegal and unethical and just wrong.

“You are crazy.” I yelled.

I guess lucky for him he chose a private plane because I would have no problem making a bigger scene. He had just crossed a serious line and it was not one I was ok with.

“And you are stubborn, what’s your point.” He retorted.

“My parents are going to call the cops and file a missing persons report on me.” I said.

“Don’t worry I took care of it already.” He said.

An unsettling feeling took over my body and made me worried. I don’t know what “took care if it” meant but coming from a vampire that couldn’t be a good thing.

“Don’t worry I didn’t hurt them.” He said as if reading my mind.

“What did you do, Chase?” I asked.

“I talked to them and convinced them to let you leave. They were more than happy to let you finish out your education at one of the best schools in Italy.” He stated.

“Am I?” I asked. “Or was that some lie you cooked up?”

“I don’t know yet.” He replied without a care in the world.

“You know, I never expected you to be like this. Being a vampire has changed you and not in a good way. You’re not the same Chase that I became friends with. Now you’re just somebody that I used to know.” I said.