Chapter 12- Solution

(Chapter 12- Solution)

“What do you think they are going to do?” Crystal asked sitting on my bed.

“I don’t know. Apparently their great uncle has been after the families position here for centuries and will do anything to get it back including threatening people close to them.” I told her.

“Wow.”

“Yeah I know. It’s got them worried. Has Josh explained any of this to you?” I inquired.

“Not really. We have mainly been trying to get to know each other. He is a really nice guy.

“He loves you, you know. It may seem strange because you don’t know him but he does. He felt it from the beginning even if you didn’t.” I explained.

“You seem know a lot about this.” She stated.

“I do I can feel it.”

“How?” She asked interested.

“Well let’s just say that I have been through a lot. I didn’t accept Chase at first and he went to some extreme measures.” I said.

“Like what?” She questioned.

Thinking over all the things I went through I knew it would probably scare her to hear all of it. Then she would probably be afraid of Josh. I will tell her at a later time when she and Josh are actually together. I don’t want to cause any problems for them.

“I’m not going to go into the whole story with you right now but one of them was the bonding.” I answered.

“What is that?”

“It’s where you exchange blood with another person. Once the blood is in your system then you can start to feel and understand each other’s feelings.” I explained

I have to admit I was not happy about it when Chase told me what he had done but I’m getting used to it now. Sure Chase and I have some differences to work out but it’s getting better. I feel like I am starting to fall for him but I just wish I knew if it was the bonding or just me. Sometimes I wonder if the bonding never happened if I would feel this way. It bothers me to not know for sure.

“Sounds romantic.” Crystal gushed.

Yeah Crystal is a hopeless romantic. I mean she was one of these who is looking for The Notebook kind of love. I mean who isn’t but that kind of love is very rare. Honestly I don’t know of anyone who has ever been that much in love. I wonder if it even exists, it would be depressing to think that it didn’t wouldn’t it?

“You’re a hopeless romantic you know that?” I laughed at her.

“Yeah I know. Don’t you just wish that you could find someone who totally and consumes you in love?” She gushed.

“Who doesn’t?”

“I know.” She smiled.

“Crystal can I ask you a serious question and promise me the truth?” I asked her.

“Yes.”

“Do you still like Chase?” I questioned.

As much as I hated to ask that question I knew I had to know. She has been in love with Chase for a long time. I hope she doesn’t because I don’t want to hurt her. I know how it feels to watch the person you like go after another girl.

“To be honest yeah he is bring you to your knees hot but I never got too attached. I knew he was always yours. I never let myself fall to hard. I knew what I was signing up for when I slept with Chase. I knew it would always be you.” She confessed.