Chapter 33- Almost Gone

(Chapter 33- Almost Gone)

Recap-

All I want is her and our babies to be alright. I will never take another moment for granted ever again. If I could go back and change that fight that caused all this then I would. Ashlyn didn’t deserve this. It’s because of us she is in this condition.

As soon as the doctors door opened revealing Dr. Kay we all three shot to our feet. I tried to read the expression on her face to tell what she was going to say but it was unreadable but I don’t know if that was a good or bad thing.

“How is she?” We asked.

“You all may want to sit down.” She said.

It was then that m heart sank into the pit of my stomach and I wanted to die. What else does “You may want to sit down” mean? I instantly feared for the worst.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** For the part where Ashlyn is in the hospital and Chase enters the room, play the video to the side for dramatic effect if you want***

Chase’s POV

Dr. Kay sat carefully in the seat across from us with an unreadable expression on her face. I couldn’t tell if it was good or bad, all I knew was the suspense was killing me. I needed to know now.

“Please tell me she’s alright.” I said as the tears leaked from my eyes.

She reached over and grabbed my hand in comfort and looked at me apologetically. “We have done everything we know how to do.”

“No.” Crystal screamed through tears.

“Wait until I finish.” Dr. Kay replied. “Like I said we have done all we can do. Ashlyn hasn’t responded to anything we have done to bring her back. Right now she is alive but barely. I don’t how long she has or if she will even make it, It up to her now.”

“Can I see her? Maybe if I talk to her it will help.” I begged.

She looked at me sadly and smiled. “Sure, follow me.”

“After he has had his time with her each of you will get your chance.” She added looking at Don and Crystal.

(Play Video)

After she stood I followed her through the door and back to the room she was keeping Ashlyn in. I could hear the sound of the machines beeping as soon as I entered. Right beside her head was the one what measured her heart rate. For now it was doing ok let’s just hope it stayed that way.

As I got closer to her bed I saw her lying there peacefully. I broke at the sight of her. My heart was aching to be with her and hold her once again. I wanted her back more than I can express. She can’t leave me, she just can’t. If she was gone then I would be to. There would be nothing holding me to this life anymore.

I gently placed a hand on her head rubbing her soft hair. As I stared down at her the tears seeped from my eyes and onto her skin. There was no need in hold anything back at this point. I let it all out.

“I’ll leave you two alone.” Dr. Kay said softly shutting the door behind her.

I nodded to her and turned my attention back to Ashlyn’s resting figure. I wanted to believe that all she was doing was sleeping and that a simple shake would wake her up. If it looked at it that way it didn’t hurt as much. I tried my best to block out the many machines hooked up to her and the noises as well. They were not helping things.