Chapter 8- Bonded

(Chapter 8- Bonded)

Today I decided to stay in the room again. Chase hadn’t bothered me in two days and I was quickly growing board. The only reason I was spending my days inside this room was to avoid seeing him again. I really didn’t feel like having another fight with Chase so keeping my distance today might be the best idea. I think some time apart would do us a world of good and it had. I’m not quite as frustrated with him as I had been since I’ve not seen him much.

After finally coming to terms with the fact I was never going to go home and never going to get to see my mom and dad or any of my friends again I cried for most of the nights I was here until I fell asleep. I was up until after two A.M thinking over my options and a single thought stood out in my mind, you never know what you have until it’s gone. That couldn’t have been more true than it is right now.

 “Can I bring you anything else?” Maria asked kindly.

Maria was the maid and was responsible for cleaning the rooms and taking care of the rest of the place. She was the only person I felt comfortable talking to right now even though I didn’t know her well.  She’s actually the only vampire I like right now seeing as I refused to speak to Chase and hadn’t seen his family since we had arrived. I wondered what he told them?

Since I chose to spend my days alone I had learned a few things from Maris. One of them I found out that there are only vampire servants here since they have to keep their existence a secret from the humans. I found that interesting.

“I’m fine I still have the magazines you brought me earlier.” I replied.

“Okay then, I will bring up some food in a couple of hours.” She gave me a sad smile. I knew she felt awful for me but I didn’t want to be reminded of it so I looked away from her running my hands through my hair to distract myself as an awkward silence filled the room.

Maria gathered her things and left the room leaving me alone once again. My thoughts wondered to the outdoors and I tried to picture what the sun looked like. Not that I forgot but if I concentrated hard enough I might be able to pretend I’m outside somewhere instead of here.

I sighed and went for another magazine. I flipped through it not really looking at anything specific. It was the same old thing as the other magazines. Celebrities with their kids, who is dating who and most of all who got a DUI or was in rehab last.

I looked up from the pages when I heard my door being opened. Maria must have forgotten to lock it back. I preferred it to stay that way. I felt my rage I thought was gone resurfacing when I had seen who it was.

“So I see you finally decided to come see me after three days of captivity.” I said bitterly looking back to my magazine intent on looking uninterested in his presence. I don’t know why I was so upset though. That is exactly what I wanted. Maybe it was the fact I expected him to go against my wished and see me anyway.

“I was giving you, your space. I thought you might want some after our last conversation.” He stated. Damn strait. I kept looking at my magazine not bothering to reply. I really didn’t have anything to say to him. I had said everything I needed to before.

“I just came to see if you wanted to explore the outside of the palace and get some sun. I know how much you like being outdoors.”

I perked up at that. I guess I could use some time out now since my plans of avoiding him were now out the window.

“I might.” I shrugged. I didn’t want him to know how happy I was about it. He doesn’t get to see happy Ashlyn anymore.

“I thought I might show you around.” He added.