Chapter 31- Unfortunate Events

(Chapter 31- Unfortunate Events)

RECAP-

“Don’t touch my mate.” Don roared.

Chase got up from the ground and charged at Don. “Don’t touch my wife.”

Before the fight could go any further I quickly grabbed River and took him inside followed by Crystal.

“I’ll stay here with him. You go stop the fight.” She said.

I agreed and went back out to put a stop to the madness before someone was killed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I when returned to the dispute Josh was watching on as Chase and Don were in a full on fight. Don a one point had Chase by the throat but then he managed to get out of it and knocked Don to the ground. This went on back and forth until I decided to intervene.

“Ashlyn don’t you will only get hurt.” Josh warned.

“I can’t let this go on. If I don’t do something then this will end badly for everyone.” I replied.

“Let them fight it out. They can take care of themselves.” He said.

Just as I was about to reply I heard an agonizing cry of pain. My head quickly shot up to the direction of Chase and Don and I didn’t like what I saw.

Chase was on the ground clutching his chest while Don stood above him looking pleased. Just as I he was about to place a second blow to his chest I quickly did the only thing I could do. I conjured up all the energy I could, feeling the burn within I placed a fire around them separating the two.

It would be impossible for them to get into another fight unless they wanted to get burned and if a vampire got burned then that was the end of them.

“What are doing?” Chase yelled at me. “You are not supposed to use your gift. It could hurt the babies.”

“Well if I didn’t you two would be hurt.” I defended.

Don looked at me sadly then quickly changed his look to one of pure rage.

“Don’t worry I’m about to end this.” He said.

Before I could react Don was putting out the fire around him and stepping out.

Oh God I forgot he had the elemental power to. This is defiantly not going to go how I thought it would. How will I protect them now?

As Don took down the fire around Chase, Josh and I must have had the same thought because we both ran to Chase and placed ourselves in front of him in a protective stance.

Without warning Don used the force of his hand and knock Josh away as he laughed. “I have many years on you kid. You’re no match for me.”

He then turned to me. “What are you doing?”

“I’m trying to keep you from hurting someone.”

“It has to be done Ashlyn. You can’t keep us both.” Don said.

“I know that but no one has to die. Why can’t we just go our separate ways?” I begged.

“You know why.” He stated. “Neither one of us are willing to give you up so the fight would never end.”

“What about what I want? Doesn’t that matter to anyone?” I screamed.

Don and Chase both looked at me in shock. I think my outburst surprised them. I wasn’t usually one to do things like that.

“Darling, why don’t you rest a bit. You are pretty worked up.” Don suggested.

This just angered me more. “Hell no I won’t rest. I want this to stop now.”

“Ashlyn you need to calm down.” Chase added.

“Here is an idea, how about you both stop telling me what to do.” I shot.

Don and Chase both looked worriedly at me. At least I think it was at me. Chase was staring at me with wide eyes and Don was looking a little past me.

“What?” I asked.

Don raised his finger and pointed the scene behind me. As I turned my head I gasped at what I saw.

The whole wooded area behind me was on fire. It looked like a wild fire had broken out over the place and to make it all worse the wind was blowing like crazy making it spread farther.

“Did I do this?” I asked.

“Yes.” They answered in unison.

“Oh no, how do we put it out?” I asked.

Before either one of them could answer I remembered before when I made it rain and closed my eyes to will it to happen.

I let all the things that made me sad take over my emotions and before I knew it precipitation was falling all around me.  As the cold droplets hit my skin it sent a calming effect over me.

The rain continued down and slowly became more and more heavy. It was now to a point where it was beating down on my skin making it uncomfortable. Then the hail came.

“The fire is out; you have to stop this now.” Chase screamed over the loud noise of what was happening.

“I don’t know how.” I admitted.

“Try thinking peacefully.” Chase suggested.

“That won’t work.” Don stated walking to me.

He placed both hands on the sides of my face and leaned in. “What are y-.” I was suddenly cut off by a pair of lips.

At first I didn’t know how to respond so I stood there in shock. Then without another thought I responded and began kissing him back.

“See.” Don said pulling away and looking at the aftermath. “All you need was a distraction.”

When I turned I saw that the fire and rain we indeed gone and all that was left behind now was the black charred trees from the fire. Everything looked so damaged and dead. A feeling of guilt took over me.

“How dare you touch her.” Chase screamed drawing my attention back to the issue on hand.

“She is my mate.” Don defended.

“She’s mine to plus my wife.” Chase argued.

“Stop.” I yelled. “I’m sick of this.”

Before I could continue talking the world started spinning around me as I grew more and more dizzy. I tried to grasp for something to hold on to but nothing was there and before I knew it I was falling to the ground. Before I hit the hard wet surface a pain in my stomach grew and the darkness closed in around me claiming me for a second time since using my powers.

“Get help.” Someone screamed and then I was gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author

Hey guys I have really missed writing for you but as you all probably know I had a death in my family. I am not over it and probably never will be but I have found that writing a little helps take my mind off of things somewhat. I’m not totally back to writing yet and I don’t know when I will be but I wanted to give you all something for being so great and supportive right now. I know it’s short but you all deserve something instead of nothing.

(Also I am adding an extra couple of Chapters since this one was short.)

 I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and leave me lots of comments so I’ll know how I did. Does anyone have any clue as to what happened to Ashlyn? What will happen now that Don and Chase don’t have Ashlyn to keep things in order? And I know some of you are mad about the kiss but hey it worked didn’t it? Don’t worry though it was just a necessary thing. It’s not like she is choosing Don over chase.

Comment

Vote

Fan