Chapter 28- New Feelings and Information

(Chapter 28- New Feelings and Information)

I walked around in the garden behind Don’s mansion for the last two hours trying to figure out how I was going to handle the new situation that recently arose. I still couldn’t wrap my head the fact that I had a child with Don. Sure it wasn’t done the traditional way but he was mine none the less.

I still didn’t know what I should do about it though. It was a very confusing for me. I mean I can’t turn my back on my own child especially since he has been without a mother for so long. Don’t I owe it to him and myself to get to know each other? I mean he could be like me but then part of me can’t quit thinking that he could be just like Don too. What do I do?

I paced the garden a few more time still unsure of what to do when Don appeared there with me.

“It’s getting late do you want to come in and eat?” He asked.

“Where is River?”I asked avoiding the question.

“He’s at the table waiting on us.”

“Why now?” I asked.

He gave me a confused look as if he didn’t understand what I meant. “Excuse me?”

“Why are you just now telling me about him?” I explained.

He sighed. “I wanted to wait till the right time. Then when I thought you weren’t coming back I knew I had to do something to change that.”

“Don’t you know how complicated you’ve made thing for me now.” I stressed grabbing my hair in frustration.

Don studied me as I tried my best not to start breaking down. I had no idea how chase was going to react to this or if he could accept it and if he didn’t could I accept that? I really hope this didn’t cause a rift in our relationship.

“What are you going to do?” Don asked interrupting my thoughts.

“I think you already know and so do I. I just haven’t been able to face it.” I confessed.

“You’re making the right choice. He needs his mother.” He said gently placing a hand on my back in comfort.

Normally I would have slapped it off but those damn tingles started back up again and they were stronger than last time. I involuntarily leaned into his touch then instantly regretted it because he took the opportunity to pull me to his chest.

“He already loves you Ashlyn. I took him into my office everyday to see your picture so he would know you.” He said.

His words broke my heart and instantly made me want to go to River and hold him close. My heart instantly ached for my son in that moment.

‘My son’ those words echoed through my head many times still sounding foreign to me.

“Come on let's get you something to eat. I’m sure the babies are hungry.” Don said pulling me along by my hand.

I nodded and followed along. I am still relived that he took so well to me having the twins that it made me feel bad for thinking anything less. I didn’t love Don but I don’t think he is that bad of a guy. He is actually kind of sweet and caring with me but I know to other people he wasn’t so nice.

As we walked into the huge Dining Room River threw his hands up to me. “Mommy you came.”

I smiled at him. He was just the cutest thing but I could defiantly see Don in him but I still cared for him either way.

“Of course I did.” I said taking my seat next to him as Don took his across from us.

I looked at Don strangely when the waiter brought in three plates of food and sat them down in front of all of us.