❁Chapter 30❁

Chapter 30

Bea was pacing the room of requirement that she and Beau had set up for the group of survivors. Beau had sent out the charm an exact week ago to float through the ears of those who needed to hear and - and both of them were hoping that at least some of them would show up.

"It said to meet here, right? You gave instructions?" she was so nervous, hands waving frantically at one point and then moving, "you said about Dumbledore - didn't you?!"

"Yes, I said it all, it's all in the charm, Bea," Beau nodded, fixing the jumper he was wearing and rolling up the sleeves of the arms, "you need to calm down, Bea - it's fine! Everything's fine, we're on schedule!"

"But what if no one shows up?" she exclaimed, running a frustrated hand through her hair and hurrying over to him from the door. The room had everything they could possibly need, with goblets and sweets and treats already there when they had arrived at the room they had thought of.

The most comfortable couches sat close in the middle of the room, with extra armchairs near and stools, and blankets draped over the backs. A roaring fire that heated the room was against the main wall to the side of the door and the natural light of early February poured through the room.

"I think they will, Bea," Beau nodded, "and if they don't then...that might be a good thing, maybe? Because it means there aren't survivors who need us, that they're coping - alright, even. That maybe there's none, and we're the only ones."

"But we're not," she whispered, and just as she was about to speak once more - the door slowly opened, and Bea sighed, looking at the girl who she was just about to talk about.

"Macy," Bea whispered, "hi!"

"Oh, Bea!" Macy gasped, rushing towards her and Beau who was quick to pull her into a quick hug, "I didn't know what to expect! I got this...it was like a whisper - but it was nice, and I couldn't stop thinking about it all week, so I knew I had to come. I was quite confused with the hallway though...the no door thing and I thought it was a prank, but I remembered the pacing thing and here I am!"

"Here you are!" Bea laughed softly, "do you want a drink? Take a seat!"

Beau gestured to one of the many couches after she had nodded for a drink and Bea hurried off to the table laid out with everything on it, grabbing the goblet for Macy and handing it to her with a smile.

She had decided that a dress was better for the occasion rather than her dungarees, and the floral-patterned dress flowed in the small breeze the room was creating. She wanted to show that she wasn't going to let someone control her - and what she did, and what she wore because she loved to wear dresses and she felt beautiful for the first time in a long time when she twirled in the mirror with the dress on.

She greeted every student that entered with a smile, and she knew some of them too - from her year and other years and it was hard to face the fact that people she knew and greeted and laughed with had gone through something to bring them here.

And then, it was as like she had been punched, a knock on her heart sweeping her slightly off her feet because she forgot. And the fact that she had forgotten had waved her with such vivid guilt when Sirius walked through the door quietly, eyes on the ground and looking completely awkward because he didn't know if he should've come...he didn't want to come - but that whisper had nagged him the full week, told him it would be worth it.

So, he gave in.

And his heart broke too when he lifted his eyes and met Bea's.

She had seen him at James' house - it wasn't just James' it was his house too, it was their house and he was James' brother so of course, he would be there, so Bea forgot...she forgot the house he left...the one he ran from.