❁Chapter 36❁

Chapter 36

"I have something to tell you all," Bea said, standing in front of her friends all sitting somewhere in the sixth-year boy's dormitory. She wanted some privacy to tell her friends, something she wouldn't get in the common room of her house, or her friends and so James had said to do it there.

Sirius and Remus were lying on Remus' bed which was apparently comfier in the words of Sirius cuddled up to his boyfriend's side, his hand tightly clutched in the older Lupin's because his hands were always much warmer, and it was better for Sirius who seemed to always be cold.

Lily was between Violet and Beau on Sirius bed, with her legs sprawled over Beau's and leaning into Violet who had wrapped her arm around the girl whilst she leaned into Bertie behind her, all four of them trying to get as much space as possible.

Peter was sitting at the edge of his bed with James lying at the top watching Bea with a grin - he was very much proud of her, and she was happy that she was finally doing it. She knew she didn't need to do it, it would always be her business and her choice, but she thought that her friends, especially one of them, had the right to know.

"I know a few of you already know - but that's not because I love anyone more than someone else. I love you all the same, but it just came up that I told them...I've wondered how I could tell you all for a while actually.

I just...Vi," she took a deep breath, "I didn't want you getting your hopes up."

Violet frowned, her head tilted, and a look written as confusion taking over her features, "wha- Bea are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm great...I'm more than great as moods go but," she took a deep breath, "a few months ago I realised something...I realised that I'm more than happy with James - extremely happy and he has been so supportive, and I love it.

But I know that had I not been with James...then - then it would have been very easy for me to fall for you Violet," she sighed, and she saw Violet's expression change from confusion to disbelief, "you were my first crush back in second year and I got over it and I'm not telling you this to hurt you.

I'm not because you know how I feel about James, but I need you to know the full truth of everything. I got over you, and I know for a fact that you can get over me - you are getting over me! didn't you go on a date with Ellie Chase?"

"Yeah..." she whispered, nodding soon after. She didn't know what to say, how to react to what Bea had just practically admitted, "so...you're-"

"I'm bisexual. James was the first person I told - and then Beau found out because of...something and I told Bertie, too, because he trusted me enough to be the first to tell of him being gay, and I trust him with my life. I realised that I loved you, Vi, but not in the way you want. You know that you've always known I love you.

You're my soulmate in this world no matter what," she took a deep breath, "and you will always be my soulmate. I love you, and if you're not fully over me then fine - that's fine, I just don't want you hurt.

I hate that you're hurting. It kills me," she frowned, "it kills me more that I can't do anything about it but I'll try."

"Bea," Violet took a deep breath, finally smiling - though it wasn't forced, "this year...for months I wondered how I could get over you and what I could do. I was pushing the thought of you away, of what I loved about you and why I loved you.

It made me worse.

But then I realised I didn't want to get over you...I just wanted to be the one that made you happy, but I realised even more that it's James that would always make you happier. When I finally realised that it was when I could see you more as my best friend again, that I didn't feel sad - or jealous...or like I needed to prove that I could be better for you.