❁Chapter 37❁

Chapter 37

"It's been a few weeks since you made this," she whispered to the boys, squeezing the makeshift book of all of her study notes. It was nearing the end of May now, and the days had gone in so quickly that she had a very hard time believing it.

She was in the great hall with her friends. Peter had forced himself up early in order to see her off for her exam and to wish her luck. It was gossip around the school, that Bea Lupin was doing her newt in fifth instead of seventh year.

Some people asked if she was doing all her newts, to which she laughed and replied with, "I would if I wanted to fail them all."

"You're going to do great, Bea," Bertie said, patting her shoulders from behind her. He had rushed into the hall late since he, with Peter, had a hard time getting up early. She was doing it on a Saturday, and a week before the seventh years would be doing theirs.

Sprout didn't want her feeling intimidated with the many other students, and she still had to attend class when they were doing their exams, so she thought it wise to schedule her exam just before it so that she would have peace and quiet to get on with it.

"Sprout will be there-"

"Exactly! What if I mess up in front of her?!" she groaned, her head falling onto the table, only stopping when James thrusted his hand out to make sure she didn't hurt herself.

"You will mess up," Beau said, "if you think like that. Bea, fucking hell you know everything there is to know about herbology! Seriously, I know you're nervous - but you'll do great!"

"I don't...know if that was nice or not," Lily trailed off, "but...the gist of what Beau was trying to say is that yes, you're nervous and that's fine because who doesn't get nervous! But really, there's no need to be nervous because you know it all! You're incredible at it and you're going to go in and pass with your eyes closed."

"You could just walk in the door and it's an automatic pass!" Violet exclaimed, "you're going to be fine, Bea. We all have so much faith in you and regardless of passing, you're going to have a future in herbology. You will travel this world because regardless of a qualification, you could take the world by storm anyway!"

Bea took a deep breath, nodding silently and closing over the notes she had in her hand, "I think I need to go now."

James stood up when she did, he had been silent as she talked to her friends, but he moved with her and out of the door when she did and when they were finally out of the great hall did he finally take her hand, spin her around and held her waist.

"Who is it that calms me down before a game?"

"...Me."

"Who is it that cheers me on in my ear, buzzing with excitement and easing my nerves throughout it all?"

"...Me."

"Who celebrates every single victory with me? and every fail too?"

"...I do."

"Exactly," he said, holding her head in his hand and brushing the hair from her cheeks, "you. it's always you there supporting me. If I fail you tell me it was the other team cheating to make me feel better, and then you are the one to keep me company even when I want to practice for hours on end you still cheer every goal I make even if you've sat on the benches for three hours, or zoomed around the pitch.

You're always there.

There's no way I'm not going to be there for you," he whispered, brushing his thumb over her lips, eyes boring into hers, "I already asked Sprout-"