❁Chapter 31❁

Chapter 31

The sun was bright in the sky as Bea walked down the hallway during the second week of February. She felt as though the school year was going in terribly quickly and it didn't feel like over a month ago that she started returning to classes.

Though, with classes - she had to study a little more than the others to fully catch up, and as much as she hated it. It was always a distraction.

She had to plan, she had to organise and, so she organised what she did to study. She studied with James mostly, but sometimes it was easier to study charms with Beau and potions with Lily and Violet. She studied astronomy with Sirius who had given her his notes from his fifth year, just like Lily did with Potions and Remus did with charms. She already had the transfigurations notes from James and she was sure her life was much easier with them.

She studied in her gallery for two hours every night, firstly working on homework she had within the hours and then working on her paintings. It was nice to have something to do, and she was constantly busy between working and painting and her friends but her favourite part of the day was curling up to James and talking about what she did.

It was so familiar to be with him again, and lying in her bed beside him made her feel safer than before that he was ready to move his stuff into the Hufflepuff dorm just so he didn't need to leave. But she liked his dorm too - and she liked staying there too, with him and her boys because it was like a giant sleepover and sometimes she liked to tell all the boys about her day and not just James.

She was currently walking through the courtyard, strolling through the breeze on the early Saturday morning. She had gotten up early because she knew on Saturdays at an early hour was when Sprout tended to the Chinese chomping cabbage.

The air was still cold, and she had James' thick jumper over her arms to shield her, he had groaned with loud protest when she had gotten out of bed that morning, and his arm lurched out for her so quickly that she found herself back on the bed in seconds.

His words of protest were sleepy mumbling into her cheek of how she should stay and never leave him and that he loved her because of course him professing his love was always an easy route to go in order to persuade her.

"I'll be back in an hour at the most," she had giggled, capturing his lips on her own, "go back to sleep, Prongs."

"I love when you call me that," was all he said as his eyes fluttered closed and he clutched the pillow as an alternative to her.

She had an urge to jump in one of the puddles on her walk, the rain had fallen through the night which left the wonderful after smell that she could spend hours in, but she was sure if she really did do that then she would catch a cold, and quickly hurried her way down to the greenhouses.

A smile made Its way to her lips as she leaned against the door, her hands stuffed in the front pocket of the jumper in order to heat them up in anyway that she could, and with a small voice so as not to scare the woman, Bea said, "Professor?"

She watched the woman jump from her concentration ever so slightly, eyes lifting with furrowed brows until she caught sight of the Hufflepuff leaning against the door and beamed, "Bea! Oh, it's nice to see you...I was meaning to talk to you. How did that night you planned go?"

"Oh, it was lovely," Bea nodded, "It was nice to have more people to listen to. I've already gone to Professor Dumbledore with those who need the help, and he's looking into it."

"That's wonderful," Sprout said, "and you are too, Bea, what you did for those kids - and helping yourself like that. I think anyone would be out of their mind if they didn't think you were inspiring."