The Day It All Fell Into Place

Disclaimer: I don't own Hetalia. T~T

Countries' Names:

America: Alfred

Canada: Matthew

England: (not canon) Evan

Russia: (technically not canon) Ivan

China: (not canon) Cory

Prussia: (not canon) James

Germany: (not canon) Aldwin

Japan: (not canon) Darwin

Italy: (not canon) Edmundo

Romano: (not canon) Jason

Spain: (not canon) Arturo

France: (not canon) Peter
________________________
China(Cory)
Third Person PoV
__________________________

Jordan had really shaken one of China's beliefs: The belief that America was lazy and unwilling to go the extra mile. He couldn't believe, or rather, he didn't want to believe, that America would work so hard, especially over something so trivial as college. For them as countries, education was necessary for their people, but for them it was something they didn't really need to know. Of course, that didn't mean the countries didn't learn new things just to hold them over the other, less knowing countries.

China needed to tell the others what he'd learned. He gave a quick text to the groupchat the countries involved had made to communicate, telling them they needed an emergency meeting after they finished their exams.

China chewed on his pencil and debated whether he should just do everything as fast as he could, seeing as he knew most of the material. He decided against it, however, because then he would have too much time on his hands and too much suspicion to deal with. He didn't need people thinking he had cheated. Americans were heavy on no plagiarizing.

    It felt like hours before he could leave the class. It felt longer as he waited for everyone to show up at Canada's place.

   "All right, China, what was so important that you couldn't tell us over the group chat?" Germany asked, his disguise still intact. England hadn't had the time or the energy to drop the magical masks. It still unnerved China to know that the bushy-browed crumpet eater actually knew how to use magic without just summoning Russia(although perhaps the reason England's magic worked so well was because Russia had already been there?).

   China nodded and cleared his throat to get the others' attention, though most were already looking at him. "It has come to my attention that there is a human in this college that knows America and considers himself America's 'friend.' He told me that America didn't take an exam like we did to place us where we now stand academically."

   Italy raised his hand but didn't wait for someone to call on him. "But then, how did America get in the-a college?"

   Italy's verbal tic, much like China's, hadn't disappeared when England had used his magic to hide their appearances and vocal range. England had explained that it was because their verbal tics were due to the fact that their first language and its habits and rules were still ingrained in their minds, but they only showed up when they tried speaking another language(like English) which had a different set of linguistic rules.

  In other words, they sounded American but spoke like someone doing a terrible impression of a vocal stereotype.

  "He completed all of the previous work, along with the work from the current semester."